Flash to HTML5 Conversions: A Checklist to Ensure a Smooth Conversion
Conversion Process checklist
eLearning to HTML5
courses in organizations will
be outdated by 2020.
The courses will fail to play
on web browsers, leading to
a frustrating experience for
To avoid training (through
coming to a standstill, the
solution is to be proactive
and start the Flash to
HTML5 conversion process.
www.commlabindia.com 2 / 10
The Flash to HTML5 Conversion Process Checklist
www.commlabindia.com 3 / 10
Collect all Flash-
as courses, video
on the availability
of source files
action plan and
courses to be
1 2 3 4 5
• Create an inventory of Flash-based eLearning resources.
• These courses can be identified with their extensions .swf or .flv
• Create a spreadsheet to give you an overview of your resources and save time
during the conversion process.
1. Collect all Flash-based eLearning Resources
www.commlabindia.com 4 / 10
2. Organize Courses
Categorize and organize:
• Courses with relevant content, but no source files
• Courses with useful components to be converted to HTML5 output
• Courses that need a design overhaul
www.commlabindia.com 5 / 10
3. Evaluate Flash-based eLearning Courses
• Identify courses to be archived.
• Identify courses to be converted.
• Create a plan of action for the courses to be converted.
www.commlabindia.com 6 / 10
4. Decide the Plan of Action
• Rebuild courses developed in obsolete software, with usable media elements, using new a
authoring tool for HTML5 output.
• Republish courses developed in older versions of authoring tools that give dual output (Flash
• Redesign if content in the courses has become obsolete and needs significant edits.
• Record if content is straightforward, easy to learn, and doesn’t require high user interaction.
www.commlabindia.com 7 / 10
5. Prioritize Conversion and Choose the Right
• Prioritize courses for conversion based on urgency, importance, training
requirements and launch dates.
• Decide the best option for conversion – Record, Republish, Rebuild or
www.commlabindia.com 8 / 10
Flash-based eLearning courses can be
revamped to HTML5, to be made
compatible with multiple mobile devices.
This also extends the utility of FLASH
Making an early start will help organizations
bid adieu to Flash seamlessly.
No. 9-1-130 & 131, Sebastian Road, Secunderabad - 500003,
10 / 10www.commlabindia.com
To recover your eLearning investment and know more about
Flash to HTML5 conversions, check this free eBook.
Get the eBook now!