Magellan MX Weather Stations combine a multi parameter weather sensor with an internal compass and GPS for critical weather monitoring with automatic wind direction alignment.
•Weather protected multi-sensor design
•GPS for compensated wind speed
•Automatic self-alignment of wind direction using internal compass
•Reliable, quick deploy/install
•Low power consumption - ideal for battery or solar-powered installations
•No mechanical components
•One year warranty
Magellan MX Weather Stations combine a multi-
parameter weather sensor with an internal compass
and GPS for critical weather monitoring.
• Weather protected multi-sensor design
• GPS for location data and compensated wind
• Internal compass for automatic self-alignment
of wind direction
• Reliable, quick deploy/install
• Low power consumption – ideal for battery or
• No mechanical components
• One-year limited warranty
User Manual and Website
This presentation is intended to provide a quick
overview of the Magellan MX Weather Station™
Additional detailed information and specifications
are provided on the website and in the User
User Manuals are provided with each weather
station, and are also available on our website:
A complete weather station includes one or more
monitoring options. While based on the most
common requirements, CWS proprietary
monitoring options can all be customized for
• WeatherMaster Software
• Weather MicroServer
• Cloud Weather Server
• Weather Display Console
• 4-20 mA Signal Interface
• Weather Monitor Mobile App
“The Display Console was easy for evaluators to read.
Graphs and settings were easy to use. The touchscreen was
a positive feature.”*
• Touchscreen operation displays current
conditions, trend graphs, min/max
• Secure, direct connection to a weather station
• Network option via Weather MicroServer allowing
multiple display consoles in different locations
• Alarm notification
• Visible from a distance
• Available in a Desktop, Panel Mount, and 19” Rack
Touchscreen Weather Display
*SAVER PWS Assessment Report, US Department of Homeland Security
Weather Master is a professional-grade weather
software for robust meteorological calculations and
interoperability with computer models.
• Real-time monitoring + calculated parameters
• Data logging and reports
• Multi-station monitoring
• Alarm notification and relay control
• Email/text weather reports to multiple recipients
• Automatic CAMEO/ALOHA interface
• Automatic interface to Weather Underground™
4-20 mA Signal Interface
The Magellan MX can be outfitted with 4-20 mA
signal converters for industrial interfaces such as:
PLC, DCS, and SCADA systems. Utilizes customer-
supplied cable from PLC to weatherproof enclosure.
• 4-20 mA current output for all parameters
• Two additional general-purpose analog channels
• Weather-proof enclosure
• Serial interface for use with additional
monitoring options including Weather Display,
WeatherMaster Software, and Weather
A hardware component that provides Internet and
industrial protocols for automated reporting via web
browser or industrial automation systems.
• FTP output (XML and CSV)
• XML web service Internet browser user interface
• SNMP, Modbus/OPC and RTU, DNP3 and BACnet
• Compatible with popular weather network
websites such as CWOP and Weather Underground
• Datalogging capability
• Optional monitoring with Weather Master, Display
• Additional sensors: Snow level, Solar, UV, PAR,
Visibility, Particle Concentration, CO2
Weather MicroServerT M
Cloud Weather Server
Real-time web monitoring included with the
• A security solution for customers who are unable
to upload data (via FTP) to their website or
implement port forwarding for the MicroServer.
• For one or multiple weather stations.
• Data is automatically uploaded every 5 seconds.
• A no-hassle weather website for your
• Customization available.
W: ColumbiaWeather.com P: 503-629-0887 E: info@ColumbiaWeather.com 17
Weather Monitor Mobile App
Check current conditions quickly from a hand-held
mobile device for decision-making in the field.
The CWS Weather Monitor App is compatible with
all CWS weather stations that include the Weather
MicroServer. It includes three real-time monitoring
screens which display standard meteorological
Access to a Cloud Weather Server account is
Additional Optional Sensors
Tipping Bucket Rain Gauge:
The automatic rain gauge incrementally measures
rainfall accumulation while draining water from the
housing. It comes with a standard 50-foot cable and a
quick disconnect connector pair.
Additional Optional Sensors
Measures atmospheric visibility by determining
amount of light scattered by particles in the air that
passes through the optical sample volume. A 42-
degree forward scatter angle ensures performance
over a wide range of particle sizes.
The sensor housing is made from anodized aluminum
and the enclosures are rugged, UV-resistant fiberglass
rated to IP66.
• 16 km (10 mile) visibility range
• Proven 42-degree forward scatter angle
• Ice-resistant “look-down” geometry
Due to the wide variety of applications, installation
mounting hardware and masts can be purchased
• Universal Mast Mount to your own mast
• Roof Mount
• Wall Mount
• Vehicle Mount
Attaches to existing towers or alternate masts, even
those with multiple instruments.
Can be used vertically or horizontally.
The Roof Mounting Kit is suitable for either slanted or
flat roof installation. Mast sold separately.
The Wall Mounting Kit consists of two 4-inch
Mounting Brackets with screws. Mast sold separately.
Roof & Wall Mounts
Roof Mount Wall Mount
• Sturdy construction supports up to 60 pounds.
• Legs insert easily into body and fasten securely
with stainless steel retainer pins.
• Guy wires clip quickly to feet for increased
• Can be permanently mounted in a fixed location.
Also used in portable applications.
Vehicle Mount Option
Consisting of a 9-foot telescoping mast and brackets
that mount permanently to the side of the vehicle.
Note: The sensors should be stored securely unless in
use. An optional storage case is suggested.
A stationary Weather
• Sensor Model (Magellan
MX500 shown) with cable
• Monitoring Selection
• Mounting System
Portable Weather Station systems for real-
time monitoring applications include:
• Sensor Model
• Wireless transceiver pair
• Battery power with spare battery and
• Pelican Carrying case housing the
Interface Module, wireless transceiver,
battery, spare battery.
• 10-foot tripod with tiedown kit and
Select monitoring option.
Portable systems for data logging are also
Vehicle-Mount Weather Stations
• Sensor Model with cable
• Monitoring Selection
• Telescoping Mast with mounting
brackets (alternate Collapsible
Roof Mount Mast)
• 2.4 GHz for one mile line of site
• 900 MHz for up to 20 miles line of site
• For remote monitoring with MicroServer
• For corrosive environments indoors or outdoors
• Optimizes power supply during ideal conditions
• Provides continuous power during electrical
All sensors are calibrated at the factory. No field
calibration is required except for the altitude on the
barometric pressure sensor.
The barometric pressure sensor is sensitive to
changes in elevation of as little as 10 ft. (3 m).
Adding the local altitude for automatic pressure
adjustment is easily accomplished through the
Once set up, the Magellan MX will operate
automatically by immediately recording and sending
data to the desired monitoring configuration.
Reviewing data, updating sensor parameters, and
checking station operation status can all be done
either remotely or on-location through the
Sensors and Cables
The Magellan MX requires very little maintenance.
Troubleshooting and detailed support information
are available in the User Manual.
Sensors and cables should be periodically checked for
abnormalities and debris depending on the
Sensor replacement is easy with the cable
The User Manual is a comprehensive source of
information with detailed instructions.
Personal, technical support is free via phone
We make professional weather monitoring easy
so you can do your job more effectively
with the right weather station for your
requirements and budget.
Call us today!
“Professional Weather Stations.
Professional Weather Monitoring.”