Eastgate Neighborhood Plan:
Site Development Area 1 – Lincoln Avenue
Eastgate Neighborhood Plan
• Site Development Area 1 – Lincoln Avenue - “The single-family and rear alley
pattern along Lincoln should continue across the portion of the vacant 7.5-
acre tract that fronts Lincoln Avenue.”
• The remainder…may develop with multifamily and/or non-residential
uses…and…receive vehicular access …through the private drives of University
Town Center as well as Vassar Court and Wellesley Court...”
• Strategy CC3.1 – “…PDD Planned Development District zoning that incorporates
single-family along Lincoln Avenue, multi-family and/or commercial behind
these uses to University Town Center, and the extensions of Wellesley Court and
Traffic Impact Analysis (TIA)
The TIA studied five area intersections:
• Lincoln Avenue/Ashburn Avenue (blue)
• University Drive/Tarrow Street East (orange)
• Lincoln Avenue/Tarrow Street (orange)
• Lincoln Avenue/Munson Avenue (orange)
• Ashburn Avenue/Francis Drive (orange)
The proposed development would also
have access to Tarrow Street via
Wellesley Court and Vassar Court. (red)
The TIA accounted for a shift in traffic
patterns resulting for the potential
connection to Lincoln Avenue.
All studied intersections operated at an
acceptable level of service in the
existing condition and development
build out scenarios.
• Land Uses: Farmer’s Market A 1:1 slope building height setback to the existing single-family
lots to the east of the property.
• Building Height Setback
• Sings: Area Identification/Subdivision Sign, Freestanding Sign Location, Wayfinding Signs,
• Landscaping: Reduction in Streetscaping, Parking screening, Outdoor Sales Area Screening,
• Subdivision: A single tier lots, Block Perimeter
Proposed Community Benefits:
• Infill development that will utilize existing utilities and resources and result in much needed
sales tax revenue for the City.
• A unique mixture of single-family, multi-family and commercial uses with an urban feel.
• A walkable development with access to surrounding residents as well as the adjoining University
• The multi-family and hotel structures shall not exceed 60 feet in height.
• Attached signage for the non-residential portion of the property will not face Lincoln Avenue
and will be located away from the Eastgate Neighborhood.
• Night Clubs, Bars and/or Taverns are prohibited within this PDD.
This Planning & Zoning Commission
recommended for approval
unanimously with the following
• Eliminate the vehicular access
from the proposed commercial
uses on the property to Lincoln
• Eliminate the proposed
freestanding commercial signage
along Lincoln Avenue.