Regular Agenda Item #2
Street Name Changes along the Greens Prairie
Road West and Greens Prairie Trail Corridors
July 25, 2019
• Proposed street name changes developed in consultation with Brazos County 9-1-1.
• Purpose is to enhance emergency response by reducing confusion regarding the
current street name configuration of the Greens Prairie Road West and Greens
Prairie Trail corridors.
• May 3rd – Traffic Management Team, a multi-department staff committee,
recommended proceeding with the proposed street name changes.
• May 21st – Council Transportation & Mobility Committee affirmed to continue
forward with consideration of the proposal.
• June 11th – Brazos County Commissioners Court concurred with moving forward with
the proposal. A portion of the street name changes are outside the City limits.
• July 15th – Notification letters sent to property owners, residents/tenants, and
seven home owners associations along the corridors informing them of proposed
changes and Council meeting date for their consideration.
Staff recommends approval of the proposed street name changes.
• As parts of Areas 3 and 4 are outside the City limits, the proposed ordinance has a condition that
those areas inside the City limits will become effective only if the Brazos County Commissioners Court
approves the street name changes in those areas as well.
• The Brazos County Commissioners Court is scheduled to consider the portions of
Areas 3 and 4 outside the City limits at their Tuesday, July 30th meeting.
• If the street name changes are approved, a follow-up notification will be mailed to
the affected property owners and residents/tenants to confirm the changes are