Regular Agenda Item No. 6
April 25, 2019
Comprehensive Plan Evaluation
& Appraisal Process
Plan & Other
Formation of a Comprehensive Plan Evaluation
Will serve as the policy steering for the drafting of the
Comprehensive Plan Evaluation and Appraisal Report.
Committee to meet 7-10 times in 2-3 hour work
sessions over a 12 month period.
Policy Guidance for:
Public Outreach & Participation Plan
Interpreting public input and best practices
Land use and transportation scenarios
CPEC that contains:
3 City Council Member,
3 P&Z Commissioners,
5 Citizens which includes one from the ETJ.
Recommended P&Z Commissioners:
Alternate: Joe Guerra
Citizen Application Process
• Open from March 20th – April 15th.
• Advertised on social media and radio
• Received 34 valid applications
– 33 in the City Limits
– 1 from the ETJ
Decisions from Council
• Number and makeup of the CPEC
• Appointment of members representing
Council, P&Z, and the public.
Key Milestones &
Deliverables (Part 1)
May – June - Communications & Outreach Plan
- Public Participation Plan
- Informational Interviews of Key
- Public Input Work Sessions & Online
- Public Input and Stakeholder Outreach
Report & Presentation
- Best Practices Report & Presentation
Key Milestones & Deliverables
Phase Timeframe Key Deliverables
- March 2020
- Analysis of existing land use and
transportation situation & plan
- Development of alternative land use
and transportation scenarios
- Public Workshop with alternative
March 2020 –
- Draft and Presentation of the 10-Year
Evaluation and Appraisal Report.
- Adoption of the Final Report.
Implementation June 2020 –
- Adoption of Comprehensive Plan
Amendments implementing the 10-Year
Evaluation and Appraisal Report