AFG Grant Award
FEMA Assistance to Firefighters Grant Program
• Fiscal Year 2018 Assistance to Firefighters
• The purpose of the Assistance to Firefighters
Grant program is to protect the health and
safety of the public and firefighting
personnel against fire and fire-related
hazards. $345,000,000 Nationwide
• $168,700 was awarded for equipment.
This funding will be used to purchase and
install source-capturing diesel exhaust
removal systems for three of our fire stations.
• Station 1 - $61,900
• Station 2 - $36,900
• Station 4 - $69,900
• $146,897 was awarded for Training and related
costs. The funding will be used for Blue Card Hazard
Zone Incident Command Training and Certification
Program (Blue Card). There are two components to
the certification process.
• The first component is a 40-50 hour online learning
program that represents the cognitive learning
• This is followed up with a 24-hour certification
simulation lab that represents the manipulative
learning process of the course.
Total AFG Award
• Equipment $168,700
• Training $146,897
• Total Federal $286,906.36
• Non-Federal (COCS Share) $28,690.64
• Total Grant $315,597.00