Successfully reported this slideshow.

My Portfolio

786 views

Published on

  • Be the first to comment

My Portfolio

  1. 1. My Portfolio Ceramics 1
  2. 2. Elements and Principles Sculpture Humanity In Balance 1 Humanity In Balance 2
  3. 3. Reflection - Elements and Principles Sculpture <ul><li>On this project we started off by creating the palms of the hands and then individually add the fingers on to the palms. We used the slip and score technique to add the fingers. We then intertwined the fingers and add a base, also using the slip and score technique. We hollowed out the sculpture and then added the texture to the base of the base. After it was fired it was painted. </li></ul><ul><li>The project overall went well, and I believe that the purpose of showing balance was achieved, though I believe that it could have been more refined and sophisticated. </li></ul><ul><li>If I could change anything, I would spend more time on the form and carve the fingers out instead of adding them in later. </li></ul>
  4. 4. Figurative Sculpture Crying Stones 1 Crying Stones 2
  5. 5. Reflection – Figurative Sculpture <ul><li>I started this project with a small ball of clay. I had wanted to carve a sculpture instead of creating the pieces separately because I felt that it would be more stable if I did so. I created a small model to see how it might look. I then began on the actual sculpture. I first molded the clay into a similar shape as the small ball of clay. As the clay dried out more I used a needle tool and a carving tool to carve out most of the excess clay. After that I Carved out the inside of the piece from the bottom. It was fired and then sanded to make it smoother. It was then painted with black and red acrylic paint, after it dried I used a silver Rub & Buff to complete it. </li></ul><ul><li>On this project I believe that I achieved my goal at showing an emotion through the figurative sculpture. </li></ul><ul><li>I believe that this project could have been less exaggerated and more realistic but I feel that because it is an emotion and they can be exaggerated at times. </li></ul>
  6. 6. Positive and Negative Pots Escher Lizard Jar 1 Escher Lizard Jar 2 Escher Lizard Jar 3
  7. 7. Reflection – Positive and Negative Pots <ul><li>On this project I used the coil method to create a jar. I printed out a guide with a lizard shape based off of Escher’s work. I traced the cut out on to the jar and cut out every third lizard for negative space. I left some lizards alone but made grooves into the jar. I then molded and used the slip and score technique to make the lizards “pop” out of the jar. After its first firing I waxed the 3d lizards ,to make sure there would be contrast in between the jar and the lizards, and the bottom so that it would not stick to the kiln. After that I had to glue a few pieces together that fell apart. I then dipped it into the celadon glaze and High fired it for the last time. After that I had to glue a few pieces together that fell apart </li></ul><ul><li>I believe that this project’s goal was accomplished and that it is probably one of my best projects. It definitely turned out better than I expected. </li></ul><ul><li>If I were to do this project again I would definitely pay more attention to smaller details. I would also handle it better and with more care throughout the process. </li></ul>
  8. 8. Organimetric Spilt Milk 1 Spilt Milk 2
  9. 9. Reflection - Organimetric <ul><li>To start this project I made a base. I then made blocks and scored them to the base. The next step was to coil small pots and score them to the shapes on the base. I them molded clay to look like it was a liquid spilling from the pots. After it was fired I iron oxide to give the project texture. I then poured white glaze onto the spots that were meant to be liquid. I then high fired it. </li></ul><ul><li>This project is also one of my favorites. I believe that it shows both organic and geometric qualities. </li></ul><ul><li>Though I am glad that it turned out very well I wished that I could have had better liquid qualities. I also believe that I should have spent more time on the pots and made them more geometrical. </li></ul>
  10. 10. Social Issue Tile Grave Decisions
  11. 11. Reflection – Social Issue Tile <ul><li>I started on the base to begin this project. I then molded and carved out each gravestone out separately to look like various illegal substances. I attached them using the slip and score technique. I then added a very jagged piece of clay onto the base and molded it to look like a tree, and added a fence to the base as well. I then added the “freshly dug” grave mound to the base. I added texture to the mounds with a paint brush. I then stained it. </li></ul><ul><li>With this project I believe that the idea was good but did not was completely followed through. </li></ul><ul><li>I should have worked more on the form of the graves and other portions. I should have made them semi-three dimensional so that it would be more tile like instead of being a sculpture. </li></ul>
  12. 12. Conclusion <ul><li>Overall I believe that Ceramics 1 has showed me that I could work with clay and that I learned a great deal from working with Mr. Mork and the students around me. </li></ul><ul><li>The number one thing I need to work on is detail and I have tried to work on that through this class. </li></ul>

×