Have you ever been in a situation where people come together to discuss something or need to make decisions but they don’t feel safe enough to speak their honest opinion? It’s as if there are holding back or feel a sense of consequences if they would speak up. For teams to deliver valuable products well team members need to be able to challenge each other’s thoughts and comments. How valuable are gatherings of high-level collaboration such as Plannings, Stand-ups, Product Backlog Refinements, Reviews, Retrospectives, Continuous Improvement sessions, OKR meetings, etc. when people don’t feel safe enough to contribute fearlessly? Team Safety is an often overlooked foundation for any team aspiring to achieve high performance for creating amazing products people love to use.
In this session you will:
• Gain an understanding of what team safety is.
• Experience a simple and cost effective way to measure it.
• Create awareness of the safety levels within a team.
• Understand what might be adding the levels of safety on your team as well as what might be taking away from it.
• Learn intervention tactics to increase safety levels when a booster is needed.