Paret OpenStack exposed externally. All other OpenStack set-ups works like different Availability zones. Glance: Replicate images across all OpenStacks while image is uploaded using “repli-manager”.
Ceilometer: Usage data is stored in individual OpenStack set-ups. The data is collected on-demand through “Ceilometer-proxy” when the user requests.
Federation of OpenStack clouds
Federation of OpenStack Clouds
Satyabrata Chowdhury, 19/05/2015
Solutions Architect, Cloudenablers
I work with the CTO organization on Technology evangelization, defining
strategy and roadmap for Cloud products and programs.
• Cloud Federation
• Different Approaches to Cloud Federation
• OpenStack-Enabling Cloud Federation
• Use Cases: Federated Marketplaces
• Q & A
Cloud Federation is the concept of bringing different services offered by various
Providers under a single platform .
CSP 3End User
• Capacity Utilization
• Catalog of Services
• Insight about providers and SLA’s
Driving factors for cloud federation
Choice of Providers
Mix and Match of Services
Heterogeneity of Platforms
Ability to scale
Movement and Migration of Workloads
Provider/Enterprise Centric-Hybrid Clouds
Self Service Portals
• Hybrid Approach- (Public+Private)
• Helps in scaling and migrating gradually to
different clouds or locations
• Suitable for specific enterprises and Cloud
Marketplace based Federation Model
Cloud Marketplace Federation Engine
• Search , selects and compare the offers/services.
• Create and Provision workloads across providers.
• Consolidated usage data and billing across providers.
• Platform agnostic model.
• Flexible – Workload movement and migration across providers.
• Choice of providers and offers.
• Creates competitive environment that leads to innovation.
Mechanism to establish trust between identity providers and multiple OpenStack clouds
enabling users to access resources across multiple cloud endpoints with a single credential
without having to provision additional identities for each providers.
Federated Identity using Keystone
Keystone to Keystone Federation
SAML Assertion Request
SAML Assertion Response
Federated Cloud Orchestrator
Ability to Provision and migrate workloads across providers seamlessly to achieve portability
Multi Cloud Orchestration using Heat
• Standalone Heat engine serving as a Orchestration layer in
• Service Catalogs stored as HOT templates.
• Portability can be achieved through TOSCA compliant
TOSCA: Topology and Orchestration Specification for Cloud Applications
Use Case 3-Usage tracking and Image Management
Other Interesting sessions
Session Date Time Speaker Location
19/05/2015 4:40PM Krishna Kumar N. 121/122
05:15 PM Venkatesh Perumal /
20/05/2015 3:30PM Rathina Sabapathy A. 121/122
Connect with me@
For the next three days visit me at Booth # T-19