With increasing demand, ever-growing datasets, unpredictable traffic patterns and need for faster response times, “scalable architecture” has become a necessity. Here, we will see how the traditional concepts and best practices for scalability have to be adopted for the cloud. Further, we will go through the unique advantages that Amazon AWS cloud offers for architecting scalable applications. As an architect, you need to identify the components and bottlenecks in your architecture and modify your application to leverage the underlying scalability.
We will cover the following topics:
- Scalability principles for the cloud
- Leveraging AWS services for application components
- Shared nothing architecture
- Asynchronous work queues for loosely coupled applications
- Database scalability
- Tools, connectors and enablers to help build, deploy and monitor your cloud environment
- Scalability using Platform-as-a-Service offerings on top of AWS
- An example of a horizontally scalable architecture for an enterprise application on Amazon AWS
This talk will act as a primer for a cloud architect to achieve an auto-scalable, highly available, fully-monitored edge-cached application.