How to migrate to the New Blogger safely… and edit your template easily
How to migrate to the New Blogger safely… … and edit your template easily
<ul><li>I you are still using your old Blogger account, you will have to sign in using a Google ID to be able to switch to New Blogger. </li></ul><ul><li>If you already have a Google Account, log in with your Google Account email address and password when prompted. </li></ul><ul><li>If you don’t have a Google account you will be given the option to create one. </li></ul><ul><li>Click HERE for more information </li></ul>
<ul><li>Once you log in to Blogger with your Google ID, you’ll be in the dashboard. Click on “Template” for the blog you want to move to the New Blogger </li></ul>
2. Right-click on the template and copy it (Ctrl+C) Then click on “Customize design” 1 2
4. Open Notepad or another text application. Paste the template (Ctrl+V) and save this file on your hard disk
5. You’ll be asked to choose a template. Save it.
6. Once you’ve completed the upgrade you will have lost all the customizations you had added to your template. Don’t worry! Blogger saves your old template. But you won’t have to bother because you have saved it on your computer
7. If you wish, from the HTML tag, you can choose to download the template to your hard disk. From that same window you can also upload the template you previously saved.
<ul><li>Let’s see how to personalize each page element one by one </li></ul>
Click on Edit in the Navbar panel. You’ll be able to choose from 4 different colour combinations for your navigation bar.
Configure the Header if you want to change the title or description of your blog.
From the “Configure posts” box, you will be able to customize: ▼ the number of posts you want to show on the main page ▼ the date and time format ▼ whether comments will be visible or not ▼ whether you want to show the links to each of your posts, the Quick Editing button and the e-mail post links …
At the bottom of the box you’ll see a preview of what your posts will look like.
And now… <ul><li>The fun part… </li></ul><ul><li>Personalizing the sidebar! </li></ul>
To add a widget to your sidebar, click on “Add page element” and then choose one of the categories.
<ul><li>Remember to scroll down the page and spot the <!-- Begin #sidebar --> heading, where your sidebar code begins </li></ul>
<ul><li>If you click on the “About me” edit button, you can edit your profile and select the information you want to show on this blog. </li></ul>
In the Configure Blog Archive box, you have a choice of archive and date formats.
<ul><ul><li>On the sidebar you already have 2 Link boxes. You can always add more by clicking on Add Page Element . Links are not deleted when you migrate to the new Blogger. An interesting feature is that links can be arranged alphabetically at the click of one button! </li></ul></ul>
Easy, eh? <ul><li>Claudia Bellusci </li></ul><ul><li>February 2007 </li></ul><ul><li>For Blogging for Beginners ( EVO 2007 ) </li></ul><ul><li>( http:// groups.yahoo.com / group / bloggingforbeginners ) </li></ul>