With Facebook's organic reach dropping tremendously, marketers have to continue searching for ways to increase engagement and interaction with its audiences. We've got 10 tips for community managers here that explain the basics and the finer points of managing a community on Facebook:
1. It's time to stop complaining about zero organic reach and start boosting specific posts to actually gain that reach.
2. Create a list of FAQs to make sure consistent messages are delivered to your audience.
3. Analytics will be your hero. Use them wisely to determine the type of content you should be posting and at what times.
4. Social media isn't a one-sided relationship so schedule as much content as possible to dedicate more time for engagement.
5. If your Facebook page is updated once a week, you might be better off not having one.
6. No comment on your Facebook page should be ignored. Give thanks or apologize - anything really, as long as you say something!
7. Customers turn to social media for immediate updates so make full use of your Facebook page to keep them in the loop.
8. A Facebook page is essentially your online customer service platform. All complains or feedback should be addressed pronto!
9. Your audience is more than willing to receive interesting and entertaining content, so share them from other sources if you have to!
10. There are many other ways of encouraging engagement from your audience apart from posting content. Run a contest, do a giveaway, host a quiz!