Be the first to like this
Twitter is increasingly being used a customer service platform, mainly due to the instant communication between brand and consumer. This increases the importance of ensuring proper community management that is able to engage and interact with consumers, converting them into loyal fans. Take a look at the 10 tips we've got:
1. Twitter is a platform primarily used to get immediate replies from individuals, companies or brands. Take the responsibility of acknowledging every mention, favourite or retweet - within reason of course.
2. Tweets that include links or images receive 150% more engagement so make full use of your 140 characters.
3. Use a tool like Buffer to schedule your tweets in advance to regularly update your account.
4. Make use of hashtags to make it easy for your followers to keep track of updates such as creating a hashtag for all social media tips.
5. Refrain from following hundreds or thousands of Twitter users just for the sake of getting a follow back. This is the wrong method to grow your follower base!
6. Create a Twitter list of influencers in your community to keep up to date with news and strategies. Your users will also appreciate getting updates from a list of professionals.
7. If there is more than one team member that is handling your Twitter account, add their name at the end of tweets so that your followers know who they are liaising with.
8. Add a Twitter widget onto your blog or website so that readers can follow your profile and keep themselves up to date and in the know.
9. Use a listening tool for your Twitter profile to understand what your community is talking about and get involved in those conversations.
10. Rather than just tweeting your brand's articles or updates, ask your followers questions to get a conversation going.