HTML5 apps offer write once, run anywhere mobile app
HTML5 apps are a collection of webpages optimized for mobile
devices that bring advanced capabilities for streaming video and
audio data, handling graphics and animation and providing offline
They also add semantic elements, form controls and multimedia
components, as well as a number of new APIs that
support geolocation services, drag-and-drop operations, local
application caching and more. Source
HTML5 seldom works alone.
Most HTML5 apps integrate Cascading Style Sheets (CSS), which
define how the HTML components render within a browser,
objects and arrays.
All major browsers support these technologies, making it possible
to implement Web-based apps across a wide range of devices.
• jQuery Mobile - jQuery Mobile, is a unified user interface system
across all popular mobile device platforms, built on jQuery and
• Appear IQ - Appear IQ is a mobility platform that simplifies the
development and management of context-aware hybrid mobile web
well as their integration with enterprise IT systems. It allows
developers to make use of their web skills to craft powerful mobile
applications that are optimized to the end user's needs.
• Google Web Toolkit - Google Web Toolkit is a web app framework
that can be used for developing mobile html5 apps in Java, especially
in combination with optimized mobile widget libraries such as m-gwt
modern browser. In Windows 8 and Windows RT (both HTML
Application and Windows Runtime), any HTML5 apps fully supported
mobile operating systems (Firefox OS and WebOS, Tizen and Ubuntu
WHAT TO KEEP
IN MIND WHEN
• Memory and performance limitations are key considerations for HTML5
mobile application development.
• Not only should developers carefully control page flow, but also how the DOM
is implemented. The more complex the object model, the longer it takes to
• Developers should keep UX in mind. To ensure quality UX, HTML5 mobile
apps should be lightweight so performance doesn't lag.
• Admins should test the app on various platforms to account for different
device types, screen sizes, browsers and operating systems.
• HTML5 by itself can only do what the browser can do. When compared to
everything a native application can do that isn’t a lot.
• With PhoneGap though, that doesn’t really matter. The browser can talk to
PhoneGap and PhoneGap can talk to the device, so the browser has access to
everything that a native application does. The process may be a little more
convoluted, but it’s certainly possible – and since there’s PhoneGap plugins
available for just about everything you’ll ever need to do it’s pretty easy to
implement native functionality.
• If you want to learn more about PhoneGap and PhoneGap Build you can download
my PhoneGap Build Quickstart Guide for free.
• Hybrid mobile apps allow code reuse across platforms.
• Let the library or framework you are using take care of the platform specific
something like the iOS development tools are more specialized. It can be argued
that there is less of a learning curve when developing hybrid mobile apps compared
to native apps.
• The app's interface and logic can be built and debugged in the web browser using
an emulation framework. This could lower development costs depending on the tools
required to develop native apps for the target platforms.
10 BEST HYBRID
MOBILE APP UI
HTML5, CSS AND JS
• Onsen UI
• Intel XDK
• Sencha Touch
• Kendo UI
- let you create cross platform hybrid mobile apps
We are ChromeInfo Technologies, a Mobile App
Development, Web Development and Software Testing
company with development center in India.
Mobile Application Development
Android Application Development
iPhone Application Development
iPad Application Development