Messaging apps are about to
• Traditional marketing leveraged product placement to build brand awareness.
• Messaging apps are the new trend in transforming marketing.
• These apps have evolved as a digital platforms that let brands handle their e-
commerce, advertising and customer service via messaging platform.
• Today messaging apps are used to let people communicate, share, view, play and
learn in a convenient and personal way.
• Messaging apps encourage customers to engage with a brand, by being more
collaborative and conversational.
Reasons for Popularity
• Conversation: They allow customers to discuss, interact, ask questions and engage
• Learning: With each interaction between brand sending messages and customers,
the company can continuously improve its general strategy.
• Extreme Targeting: It is a step towards knowing exactly what the customers
wants, need and will react to.
• Automation: Company will get opportunity to set up entirely automated processes
through chatbots and messaging applications.
• 24/7 Service: A well coded chatbots stays 24/7 alert and responsive.
Rise of Messaging Apps and Power of
• 6 out of top 10 used mobile apps are messaging apps according to Quettra-
• About 1.48 billion messaging app users are in China alone, a 2013 report.
• A research by Deloitte in 2014 claims that UK witnessed about 300 billion messages
sent via messaging apps.
• WhatsApp user base increased to 1 billion turning in world leader claiming 109
countries or 55.6% of the world.
• WeChat is used by more than 650 million users in China.
• Facebook Messenger covers 800 million users.
How to get maximum benefits from
• Make the apps personal, not only personalized: At the dawn of digital age, let
customers have personal conversations with brands on their smartphones,
positioning the brand as a personal assets.
• Humanize: Brands can connect with the customers by delivering the benefits of
both online and offline experience.
• Hold Conversations: These apps can be used to have customer conversation to
drive product purchase and build loyal relationships.
• Convert Customers to Participants: These apps can be used for brand awareness
by allowing marketers to share brand information and experience through
• Before you dive into the world of mobile messaging apps, ask yourself one
question: “Could I Use Text For That”?
• Free messaging internationally, group chats, multimedia content, video calls
are some of the features of messaging apps which make their future sound.