2023 Focused Resume + Cover Letter - Christopher Williams (4-18-23).pdf
1. Christopher Williams
To Whomever It May Concern:
My name is Christopher Williams, I’m interested in applying for the position you have open, which is
specified outside of this letter.
The position I am most proud of, and the job where I’ve had the most success was as a member of a
student-run company called Groundbreakers. This role had me in an office space (125 S. Clark, 17th
floor) three days a week (more during hiring season), doing many tasks that would be done in an
assistant role. I grew a lot in my time there as a person. Ultimately I had to turn down an honest chance to
take a leadership position so I could focus on school. This was a position my boss and a lot of my
co-workers pushed for me to be in.
The success that I experienced at Groundbreakers was due to my own passion in the business space.
I’ve wanted, since childhood, to start a multimedia company called Cross Club. Cross Club exists to
expand the creative world, by giving resources to people and ideas that fit outside of the usual. Recently,
in my journey to realize Cross Club, I had the opportunity to be a member of the business incubator 1871.
A directory page from my time there can be found here.
A lot of skills used in a company space are things I’ve always done for myself personally. With my
personal goals and interests, I have thousands of documents that I’ve created, organized, and maintained
over many years; mostly in Google Drive/Docs/Sheets. I also have a physical media library that’s
meticulously organized by alphabet, artist name, and other special situations. My digital music collection
and digital photograph archive are just as organized and detailed. I have more regularly used skills, built
over many years, that directly line up with functioning in this role.
I’m ready for new opportunities and challenges. I want to further improve myself as a leader; through the
work I’d get to do here, and the chance to observe others who have done more than me. I have a lot to
offer, and would love to speak further to discuss what I can bring to the table.
Thank you for your time and your consideration.
2. Christopher Williams
Chicago, IL, USA | 872-222-8854 | email@example.com
A business-minded creative looking to build on previous experience. As a team member can bring
years of familiarity with many forms of technology, high organization, and out of the box thinking in
3/2008-8/2010 CPS Groundbreakers/Playground Pilots Chicago, IL
Title: Human Resource Project Coordinator/Installation Assistant
Was a member of a student-run company as a direct employee of Chicago Public Schools. During the
school year the main focus was human resource work three days a week. During the summer the
work was full-time, five days a week; installing playgrounds while still performing HR tasks.
● As a member of human resources, tasks included: Managing payroll, creating daily documents
(sign-in sheets, agendas), creating/filing miscellaneous documents, sending faxes, managing
and creating playground project binders, scheduling and conducting interviews, hiring,
onboarding, workshop creation and presentation, facilitating weekly team building
icebreakers/activities, scheduling meetings through Microsoft office, reception, general office
maintenance, and being a regular representative for the company.
● As an installation assistant: Participated in the construction/installation of about 30+ Chicago
Public School playgrounds (including site prep) with the use of various tools, instruments, and
methods. Additionally helped to receive multiple shipments of playground equipment,
participated in roughly 5 site assessments, and led a team during a single playground build.
● Special projects included coordinating the development of a new logo after the company’s name
change, the creation of a work safety and recycling workshop, the creation of a chart to help
tally work hours faster, and assisting with the yearly Christmas party.
4/2015-5/2016 Home Depot Chicago, IL
Title: Paint Associate
● Answered inquiries in-person and over the phone, insured the functionality of the work space,
and manually mixed paint products with the assistance of a computerized system.
10/2017-7/2018 Amazon Prime Now Chicago, IL
Title: Prime Now Associate
● Physically stocked, retrieved, and packed items from shelving units to fulfill 1-2 hour deliveries.
10/2018-3/2020 Blue Man Group/Cirque du Soleil Chicago, IL
Title: Box Office Agent
● Used Ticketmaster’s system to create accounts, handle payments, and finish orders.
● Handled cash and debit/credit transactions, over the phone and in person, using Ticketmaster’s
● Handled general phone calls: informing callers about Blue Man Group, answering general
questions, and transferring calls when needed.
● Was present before, during, and after performances to hand out tickets, handle additional
purchases, and answer various questions. Was also present on non performance days.
● Work was performed in an office/team setting.
3. Volunteer Experience
10/2014 50th Chicago International Film Festival Chicago, IL
● As a volunteer/information table attendant: Checked volunteers in and out; making sure they
had the necessary information and knowledge to start their shift. Also provided general
information to festival guests.
● As a greeter/ticket scanner: Scanned the tickets of festival guests and guided them to their
● As a theater operations assistant: Tore tickets for screenings, provided supplemental material to
guests, and managed theater traffic.
● Assisted in setting up an event stage.
5/2018-7/2018 Ryerson & Burnham Libraries (Art Institute of Chicago) Chicago, IL
Title: Volunteer, tech services
● Sorted an incoming gift of items into pamphlet files physically and digitally, increasing reference
material for museum curators.
● Pulled books from the stacks, relabeled the books into Library of Congress numbers from Dewey
numbers, helping to free up storage space in the museum through offloading.
9/2006-6/2010 Lindblom Math and Science Academy Chicago, IL
● Participated in a weekly general science colloquium freshman year.
● Participated in a weekly animal awareness colloquium sophomore year. Frequently collaborated
with PAWS Chicago.
● Participated in a weekly business colloquium junior year. Completed a NFTE (National
Foundation For Teaching Entrepreneurship) business plan. Learned about creating a business
plan, gained experience with selling a product, and learned about general economics. Personal
business idea was a website for video game creators which was to be monetized in many
● Received a composite score of 22 on the ACT.
9/2010-12/2011 Harold Washington College Chicago, IL
● Attended for two semesters. Focused on art/literature.
● Participated in business incubation through 1871’s Pyros programming as a founder. My
company was/is Cross Club: a multimedia company to expand who’s creating, and what’s being
● Recently scored Proficient on Indeed.com’s Attention to detail and Microsoft Excel skill tests, and
received an Expert score on their Administrative assistant/receptionist, Customer focus &
orientation, and Working with MS Word documents skill tests.
● Intermediate to advanced familiarity with various hardware, software, and online platforms; and
an above average user of technology overall.
● Ability to type 40-50 WPM.