C5199 Case Study - SPM LSL Bank Control Cabin & Mess Room
Contact us for your industrial noise solutions.
+44 (0) 1924 26 21 65
Light Shear Line Bank Control Cabin & Mess Room
Process Details: `Light Shear Line Bank Control Cabin & Mess Room' for a UK based plate mill operated by the
`Long Products Division' of a world leading steel producer.
Scope of Work: To design, manufacture, deliver and install the required facility, this consisting of a Control Cabin
approximately 4.1m long x 3.0m wide x 3.5m high with an adjoining Mess Room / Amenities area approximately
6.0m long x 2.3m wide x 3.0m high.
Design Considerations: -
• The entire facility to be suitable for operation in the noisy, dirty & dusty conditions associated with this heavy
industrial process, and fit for purpose in providing a safe working environment for operations and
maintenance personnel - constructed in modular form, with each individual module being purposely designed
& sized for ease of transportation and installation on site.
• Full turnkey package including the provision of air conditioning, suspended ceilings, modular & emergency
lighting, mains power, data transfer, plumbing services and finished floor overlays etc.
• Control Cabin module furnished with work surface style desks and equipped with the necessary roof drops &
associated monitor hanging bracketry, all complete with pre-wired power supplies and video distribution
• Safe access provided to the entire Control Cabin roof area via a cat ladder, spring safety gate, durbar
decking, stanchions, removable hand-railing etc.
• Mess Room / Amenities module with fully-equipped kitchen (complete with electrical appliances i.e. wall
mounted water boiler, under-sink water heater, hand dryer, table-top cooker, microwave, fridge, air extractor
fan etc.) & dining area with breakfast bar & bar stool type seating.
• Numerous single leaf man access doors to facilitate personnel entry / egress and emergency exit.
• Strategically positioned acoustically insulated vision panels providing operational personnel with a panoramic
overview of the `production' process.
• Rigid manufacturing programme and a restricted 3-4 day installation schedule within the end user's two week
summer shut-down period.
Acoustic Performance: The construction provided a 30dB reduction from factory ambient noise levels, allowing
personnel to effectively communicate in a stress-free, comfortable environment.
Acoustic Applications is the trading name of Xtron Systems Limited
Unit 8, Caldervale Road, Horbury Junction Industrial Estate, Wakefield, West Yorkshire, WF4 5ER.
Telephone No. +44 (0) 1924 26 21 65 Facsimile No. +44 (0) 1924 26 48 17
England & Wales Company Registration No. 06986821 - VAT Registration No. GB 981 1986 80