First a word on Facebook
• Lots of teachers are using Facebook to teach
Here are some examples:
Facebook for Educators
100 Ways to Use Facebook in the Classroom
Every Teacher's Must Have Guide to Facebook (Edudemic)
• 1. Powerpoint / Prezi Fait accompli
They take so much of the students time that the often the research and the
ideas take a back seat.
Most of the time the visual aspect is ignored with either totally confusing
graphs and figures or just as worse line upon line of text like this.
You and everyone else in the room have not the time nor the inclination
to voice you feelings, advice, encouragement
Some Quick Facts
• After an oral exam I suggested to Alex that he try Slideshare.
• First published on May 4th 2016 with 20 or so slides.
• Today over 600 views, 67 slides and a Youtube video attached
Egoboo /ˈiːɡoʊbuː/ is a colloquial expression for the pleasure
received from public recognition of voluntary work. The term
was in use in science fiction. 10
Where is linkedin?
• Linkedin is the perfect place to layout a CV: with categories
like background, summary, and profile.
• BTW each slideshare produced can be added to a student’s
profile or posted to other people on linkedin.
• Google Logo Generator
• If google was a guy
• If google was a guy 2.
• Google Scholar
• Internet archives
• Let’s have some pun.
About the author:
Chris Yukna was born in the
antediluvian 50s, had a paper route
at 9, sold Christmas cards door
to door at 11, and washed dishes at 14. All these
These enriching work experiences
convinced him early on that he was totally unsuited to
working and therefore should become a space cadet,
mad scientist, or teacher. Truth be told we are not sure
which one he chose,
Chris has three websites that he tries to update
Science General (fun with science)
Business Emporium (Esl business lessons & quizzes)
Totally Unorthodox (where he puts everything else)