REAL Social Power Stats You Want to See Before 2012
REAL Social Power: Stats You Want To See Before 2012!
How powerful has social mediabecome in 2011? Today, we check out the latest stats that support the fact that social media is a big, big deal.From what you’ve been doing, to what your customers are thinking – these stats will get you on the right path for the coming year.
* 1 in 4 display ad impressions in theUSA are from social network sites. But there is still a resistance to social advertising, even though it is highly effective. Next year, spend more on your social ad network.
* Facebook will reach 1 billion users in2012. That means one in every seven people on earth will be on this social network. It only makes Facebook’s marketing appeal that much more prolific.
* The internet is becoming more visual. Proof? A social image pinboardsite called Pinterest.com grew by 512% this year.
* 95% of wall posts, get no responsefrom the brand page owners. This is a serious problem that needs to be addressed in 2012.
* Facebook accounts for 3 of every 4 minutes spent on social networkingsites on the internet. What does your page look like?
* 80% of all companies use socialmedia for recruitment purposes. Whatdoes your social profile say about you?
* According to the research firm IHS,television sales are down for the first time in history. While this could behappening for many reasons, ReelSEO suggests that it’s because many younger people don’t NEED atelevision – they use the internet and sites like Youtube. Makes you think, doesn’t it!
* Google+ became the fastest growing social network in history, with 25 million users in just 4 weeks. Pay attention to the network andinterlinking expertise used by Google, it’s the way of the future!
* 46% of all people on earth, access asocial network, daily. Mostly, it’s one of the big 4 – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Youtube.
* 95 million tweets are exchanged on Twitter every day. This rapidlyincreases when a breaking news story hits.
* A US Department of Education study showed that students, who learn online, do better than students who learn via face-to-face interaction. Ifyour company teaches online, it’s only going to get better.
* Though half of the world’spopulation is under the age of 30, thepeople most active on social networksacross the world tend to be older than that!
* 73% of all people believe thatemployees overshare, when publishingon social sites. Do you keep all of your updates positive, uplifting and professional?
* Using scheduled auto-posts when publishing to Facebook, actively decreases your comment interactionby 70%, according to Inside Facebook.
* According to Mashable, 57% of all people that like brands on Facebook, say that they do it because the brandoffers them free discounts or coupons.
* According to Hubspot, 20% of allsearches performed on Google today,have never been searched for before. Still think there’s no such thing as originality?
Social Media Marketing University(SMMU) is the creation of John Paul Souza, a serial entrepreneur whos held senior managerial positions at Banc America Capital ManagementGroup and JP Morgan Chase. Serving marketing professionals,
entrepreneurs and corporations,SMMU differentiates itself by offering hands-on training from hands-onexperts who are actively applying their skills on real-world projects.
SMMU was recently honored as one of the top 5 finalists by the leading blog site, Mashable, as one of the top provider of social media services for businesses. The firm has earned the title of "most trusted social media firm" with over 900 unsolicited testimonials.
For more information about socialmedia webinars and social media online courses, please visithttp://www.socialmediamarketinguniversity.com