Step by step guide
1. Get Started (Sign up)
2. Get Comfy (Navigation)
3. Get Personality (Theme)
4. Get Configured (Customize)
5. Get Published (Create post and pages)
6. Get Flashy (Multimedia)
7. Get Connected (Explore and get noticed)
8. Get a Homepage
• Go to wordpress.com and click on “Log In” to create
your WordPress.com account.
• Click on “No thanks, I’ll use the free address
for free account.
• Click on for a paid
• In this guide I have chosen the free account by
clicking on “Create Blog”.
• Fill out your public profile by logging in to your
WordPress.com dashboard using the
username and password that you have
• After logging in you need to click on user, the
middle icon located on the upper right hand
side of the screen.
1. Click on My Profile.
2. Click on Save Profile Details after filling out
the text boxes.
• Now that you have completed your profile you
need to upload a Gravatar (which stands for
“Globally Recognized Avatar”) or Avatar. Your
Gravatar can be anything you’d like — a photo
of yourself, your website’s logo, a picture you
love, whatever. Bear in mind that it’s not a
very big image, something that has a lot of
detail is going to be really hard to see.
• Under My Profile page down the bottom click
on “Edit Photo”
• After clicking on Edit Photo” it will connect
you to the next page where you can choose
options on how to upload a photo. In this
guide I have chosen the first option.
• Configure basic site settings
Okay, you’ve got a site and a profile. One of the two
most important settings you’ll probably want to
customize right away is your site title and tagline. To
get you started, we’ve given your blog the same
title as your username, but that might not be what
you want. And right now, you’ve got a generic
tagline like “This WordPress.com Site is the Bee’s
Knees” — time to change them.
• Click on your dashboard, the My Site tab
located on the upper left hand side of the
page then click on “Settings”.
• Under “General” tab, enter your site’s title and
your new tagline. If you don’t want to have a
site tagline or can’t think of anything to enter
right now, just delete the text that’s there.
• After entering your Site Title and Tagline click
on “Save Settings” to save the changes.
• Congratulations – you are now officially a
blogger, virtual assistant, or whatever you call
yourself. Either way, you’ve got the basics of a
• Next step is to get yourself comfortable in