Internet of Things(“IoT”) - Initiative
Chetan Khatri 5th Jan, 2017
● Introduction to IoT
● IoT - Ecosystem
● IoT - Business Model
● Technology Stack
○ Algorithm language, framework
Introduction to IoT
● The components(“Things”) are connected with
Internet and mainly playing role for Receive / Send
● IoT are way to have Data Acquisition for your Big
Data / Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence
Wearable devices for health
IoT in Various Sectors
● Home / Building
● Toilet !
Can be implemented on daily living objects , Think about Tennis Racket !
When you hit to Ball ?, How fast you hit ?, How high ?
Where you store data, how you aggregate data ? Who are interested in your data
Business Model - Opportunities
● Estimated 4 billion Connected people.
● 4 Trillion revenue opportunity.
● 25+ Million Apps.
● 25 Billion Intelligence system.
● 50 Trillion Gigabyte of Data.
“This is time for Revolution, This is time for Transformation”
The company who makes power electrical tools now works for IoT - Bosch.
Does digitalization change Industry ?
Yes of course !
For example, at Manufacturing.
● Loading stuff into car
● Driving to the job site
● Setting up & working
● Cleaning up afterwards
● Administration task at home
“Huge potentials to Increase Productivity by Transforming with IoT”
Digital Solution really excels !
● Having Information
● Gathering Information
● Different sources
● Sharing Information
● Putting Information to the right way
● So, They can make right decision
“Avoid / waste times”
What does really matter ?
User experience, many issue it addresses. Ex. Uber - Provide solution that user
User Experience from product centric to user centric.
User don’t tell problem because they are not aware whether they have problem !
Provide solution , do Iteration ! Work Closely, show first solution.
Ex. Bosch wireless charging , precision in measuring and documentation.
Canon Camera - Computer vision techniques.
Rule of Thumb
● User Experience
For us - Understand - Dedication - Commitment
To User - Fascinating Solutions - Quality - Responsibility
Opportunities - End less - Something (Strange, Cool, New === Interesting)
Follow the Process
Working Prototype - Show to Customer - Work on
product - tooling - launch - concept
● Startup group(Having Idea, Needs money)
● Investor invest in Idea
● Team builds product (Do productivity, marketing &
● Makes high sales by service.
● Investor gets their money with high ROI