Cheryl Evans Resume - Business Management and Technical Writing
930 Camp Rd. ~ Telford, PA 18969
C: 215-920-2678 firstname.lastname@example.org
Small Business Management ~ Consulting ~ Technical Writing
Detail-oriented, experienced consultant who incorporates 15+ years of small business management, technical
writing, integrity and professionalism into customer service with distinction.
CARNANCO, Telford, PA 2001 - Present
Consulting and service firm.
• Owns and operates Carnanco which offers a wide variety of services including small business consulting,
technical writing, executive assistant services, personnel training, web design, marketing consulting, marketing
material design, and more.
• Instrumental in the start up and execution of nine title insurance agencies between 2003 and 2009, two retail
outlets in 2015
• Technical writing including legal documents, software help files, web content, articles, ad copy, press releases,
training material, etc.
• Trains personnel from management/ownership level down.
• Resolves business work flow, organizational and operational problems.
• Improves client profitability through increased efficiency, improved procedures and strategic use of vendors
• Public speaking engagements for seminars and small workshops. Examples include the Title 101 seminar,
agent seminars for Stewart Title & Guaranty
CARNANCO LAND TRANSFER, INC., Perkiomenville, PA 2004 - 2012
Title Insurance Agency & Settlement services for commercial & residential real estate transactions.
• Oversees personnel and vendors in all aspects of title processing.
• Maintains current and accurate bookkeeping records using QuickBooks.
• Develops ethical standards and practices for staff.
• Coordinates and executes sales and marketing initiatives.
• Devises innovative strategies to ensure and enhance customer and client service levels.
• Creates company website which featured SoftPro integrated order forms and integration with third party
maintained Online Transaction Management System.
• Serving all of Pennsylvania for purchases and refinances.
AMERICAN SEARCH AND SETTLEMENT, Doylestown, PA 1998-2003
Title Examiner, Office Manager & IT Specialist
• Managed and maintained all aspects of the title insurance office including overseeing all employees and all title
• Developed all policies and procedures followed daily by all staff.
• Trained all personnel in every aspect of title processing.
• Residential and commercial title insurance including 1031 exchanges.
• Maintained and upgraded all computer and related technology and network. Advised owner on technological
needs and cost effective solutions.
• Utilized creative and technological skills to design and create all company advertising and marketing materials
• Improved profitability through increased efficiency and improved procedures.
CHERYL L. HARTZMAN - 2 -
PROFESSIONAL EXP ERIENCE
GREG B. EMMONS AND ASSOCIATES, Doylestown, PA 1998-2001
Law Firm specializing in Real Estate law
• Preparation of legal documents including Claims, Court Orders, Deeds, Adverse Possession, Affidavits, Powers
of Attorney, etc.
• Provided general office services such as maintaining time sheets, billing, filing, answering phones, drafting
letters and memos, Dictaphone typing, etc.
• Proofreading and editing the book, Real Estate Brokerage Law and Practice (G.T. Bisel Co., 1999)
EDUCATION, LICENSES & COMMISSIONS
SEMINAR ATTENDANCE/ONLINE COURSES, PA CE credit approved. 1999 - 2013
• At least 24 continuing education credits every two years.
MONTGOMERY COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Blue Bell, PA.
• General Studies, 3.8 GPA, Dean’s List
LICENSED PENNSYLVANIA TITLE INSURANCE AGENT 2003-2013
PENNSYLVANIA NOTARY PUBLIC
Experienced to expert level proficiency with the following software programs:
• Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Publisher, Power Point, OneNote and Outlook; QuickBooks
(accounting); RoboHelp (technical writing), Corel Paintshop Pro (graphic design); NetObjects Fusion (web
design); Adobe Acrobat Professional.