Successfully reported this slideshow.
Activate your 14 day free trial to unlock unlimited reading.
What is Padre?
An IDE for Perl built in Perl.
What is Strawberry Perl?
A binary executable for Windows to enable Perl
10.1 inch Asus Eee PC Netbook Model#: 1015 PE
Installing Padre in Windows
• Via the cpan client that is available in
Strawberry Perl. ( Best approach for updated
version but takes about 1 ½ hours to install )
• Via the msi executable that will have Padre
and Strawberry Perl. ( old version of Editor )
– List elements of current code.
– Save state of current line being viewed.
• Project Browser
– Great way to navigate across modules for a project.
• Full screen (F11 to enable full screen)
– Returns the output of script execution. ( F5 to run script)
Using the Outline Panel
• Double click an element will show the current
line of the element in the file.
• Right click will show 2 options
– Show current line of element.
– Show documentation ( if element is a module or
• Menu driven
– No shortcut keys.( can be solved by key binding )
– Driven by mouse clicks.
• Key Binding
– Great for custom shortcuts.
• Regex editor
– Makes complicated regex easy.
• Plugin Manager
– Manages Plugins that are available for use.
• Plugin Tools
– Allows a user to create his/her own plugins.
• I really like the ease of use.
• It is hard to start because it is not packaged
for installation of latest version.
• Makes learning regex easy & fun.
• Running on a net book is ok but a PC should
• Should have a introduction book for
How to contribute
• Via IRC chat ( server: irc.perl.org server )
– Chat room: # padre
• Mailing list ( subscribe on link below )
• Enable Padre Popularity Contest Plugin
• Check out the link below for other ways to contribute