In this 1 hour webinar hosted by CharityNet USA, we discuss the breakdown of social media for nonprofit organizations, including: micro-blogging, blogging, video sharing, bookmarking and more. For more information on nonprofit marketing, please visit: http://www.charitynetusa.com/nonprofit_marketing.php
HBIF Meeting 12-09
• CharityNet USA: A “One-stop” resource
center for nonprofit organizations
• Key Speaker: Nicole Roach
• Recorded Webinar Available At:
I. The New Realm of Social Media
II. 5 Methods of Social Media
III. Integrating your Social Media
Campaigns to Maximize ROI
• When you Think of
Social Media What
Comes to Mind?
– Social Networking?
– Interactive Marketing?
– Video Sharing?
– Word of Mouth?
• Taking Word of Mouth to a Versatile
Technological Level with Multiple
Platforms and Capabilities!
Social Media Platforms
Micro Photo Blogging Social RSS Video Bookmarking
Blogging Sharing Networking Sharing
• Build Brand
• Provide Better
• To Increase SEO
• Start Listening!
• Spend Some Time
• Look at Similar
• Take Notes
• Social Networking
• Video Sharing
• A blog can enhance a company’s online
reputation and industry credibility!
• Due to its
interactive nature, a
good blog can go
far to enhance the
visibility of brands,
• Benefits of Blogging for Business:
• Search engines, and Google in particular,
• A blog naturally tends to rank better in
• A good blog also encourages natural link
• If the blog relates to its visitors, traffic will
build as will the audience loyalty.
• Steps to Getting Started:
• What will the blog be
• Who in your company will
be in charge of the blog?
• How often will you make an
• Before you get started DO
• Micro blogging is a form of blogging.
• Content is typically much smaller than a
• An entry could consist of nothing but a
short sentence fragment, image or
• How Companies Can Use Micro Blogging:
• Service Promotion
• Event Promotion
• Community Outreach
• Information Distribution
• Customer Service
• A social networking site is a website where
individuals or companies can set up an online
profile, add links to other profiles. Generally,
users are able to post information, including
photographs, videos, blog entries etc.
• A Variety of Differing Sites:
• Facebook • MySpace
• Ryze • LinkedIn
• Think Passive and Indirect:
• Listen, Share & be Humble
• Be Yourself
• Join Groups that are of Interest to you
where you will be of Value to the Members
• Don’t Treat it Like a Direct Advertising
• According to ComScore Media Metrix,
web video is now considered
• More than 167 million viewers in the U.S. watched
an average of 167 videos each, while YouTube
reached 1 billion views per day – or 41 million views
per hour – in the same month.
• Video simply engages people in a way
that static text and images cannot
• Benefits of Video Sharing:
• Build a Traffic to your
• The Capabilities and
Avenues which your Videos
can be Shared & Displayed.
• Put a Face to your
• “Will it Blend” Case Study :
• Blendtec’s first “Will it Blend” video featured
a man in a lab coat turning a handful of
glass marbles into dust.
• The video has received over 3.8 million views
since it was put online in 2006.
• Since, the company has created over 90
“Will it Blend?” videos, & served up tens of
millions of views.
• Ways your Business Could use Video:
• Interviews with Important Figures
• Special Events or Contests
• Product Promotion
• How-To or Demonstrations
• Organization Overview
• Social bookmarking is a method for Internet
users to share, organize, search, and manage
bookmarks of web resources.
• Consumers can look at what other people
have found interesting enough to tag.
• Benefits of Social Bookmarking:
• The possibility of being seen by thousands!
• An effective way to get backlinks to your
• A Cost-Effective PR Tool!