Slides of my Null puliya session at Bangalore. This presentation is intended to students and anyone interested to start in InfoSec.
People should be highly talented to get into InfoSec
Thousands and thousands of children display exceptional skill and
talent in some ﬁeld, yet relatively few of them ever amount to
anything, whereas those who are less brilliant in their youth can
often attain much more.
You might ﬁnd something interesting at
Tips to get started in InfoSec
● Have a mentor.
● Create content. Blog posts, videos, podcasts, etc
● Have a LinkedIn proﬁle
● Try to learn coding
● Never take rejections personal
Activities to perform
● Create GitHub account, choose a Jekyll template and host your own GitHub
● Create LinkedIn account
How to excel in InfoSec ?
● Try to gain knowledge in other domains as well
● Stand on the shoulders of giants
● Active experimentation
● Understood about ourselves with help of some questions
● Saw the different free resources for students and dev
● Understood why we wanted to get started in security
● Had a look into different branches of InfoSec
● Created LinkedIn profile & GitHub pages profile
● You have started in a field in security, now lets create some content