Oracle Object Features
• Identify which object types are supported
• Describe how object types are
represented within Form Builder
• Create a block based on an object table
• Create a block based on a relation table
with an object or an REF column
• Populate a REF column with an LOV
What is an Object Type?
Oracle 8i Features in Forms
Supported Oracle8i features
• Large Objects: BLOB, CLOB, NCLOB, BFILE
• User-defined objects
– Object table
– Column object
– REF column
Unsupported Oracle8i features
• Collection types
• Stored procedures that return object values
How Form Treats Objects
Items in a Form
Creating Data Blocks
• Blocks based on object tables
• Blocks based on object columns
• Blocks with REF Lookups
Block Based on Object Tables
Block Based on Object Columns
Blocks with REF Lookups
Using REF Lookup Value
Select REF attribute columns: This causes the
columns to appear as data items at run-time.
Select the REF item itself:
• This causes the item to be placed on a Null canvas.
• The item does not appear at run time.
• The item is available for coding purposes.
LOVs for REFs
• Identify supported Oracle8i object types
• Define data blocks based on object tables
• Define data blocks based on tables
with object columns or REF columns
• Populate REF columns with an LOV