Note: Because LOVs and record groups are separate objects, you can create multiple LOVs based on the same record group.
Note: More than one LOV can be based on the same record group. When this is the case and you set Automatic Refresh to No, Form Builder will not re-execute the LOV query once any of the LOVs is invoked.
Oracle Forms Creation-List of Values (LOV)
Working LOVs and Editors
• Creating and using LOVs
• Creating and using Editors
– List of values for text items
– Dynamic or static list
– Independent of single text items
– Flexible and efficient
• Used for inputting values into Foreign key items.
LOVs and Record Groups
Creating and using LOVs
• Select the LOVs node in Object Navigator
• Click the create icon.
• Use LOV wizard and follow the steps one by one.
• Finally click finish to complete.
• Attach the LOV to text item:
• Go to property pallet of the item to which you would like to attach.
• Select the LOV property.
• From the list choose the LOV name created by you.
• To invoke LOV : Press F9 or Click Edit -> Display List in forms
• Column Mapping Properties
• Filter Before Display
• Automatic Display
• Automatic Refresh
• Automatic Select
• Automatic Skip
• Automatic Position
– Override default editor
– Used for special requirements such as larger editing window,
position, color, and title
– System editor available as an option
• Types of Editors
– Forms Default Editor
– System Editor (Default Notepad)
– User Defined or Custom Editor.