Odoo/Open ERP is an all in one comprehensive suite of application that has a modular structure and well-integrated modules. Being an open source application, it offers a high degree of customizability and scalability. For this reason, it can be advocated for both smaller and larger enterprises to execute their actions. The open source alternatives in Odoo helps the businesses to minimize their workloads ensuring maximum efficiency and productivity. In addition, the automated workflows initiated by Odoo paves a way for quick and fast data entry and their analysis procedures.
• Odoo/Open ERP is an all in one comprehensive suite of application that has a modular structure and well-
integrated modules. Being an open source application, it offers a high degree of customizability and scalability.
For this reason, it can be advocated for both smaller and larger enterprises to execute their actions. The open
source alternatives in Odoo helps the businesses to minimize their workloads ensuring maximum efficiency and
productivity. In addition, the automated workflows initiated by Odoo paves a way for quick and fast data entry
and their analysis procedures.
• Sales is a unique application coming under Odoo. The Odoo ERP for sales is a comprehensive software
that allows the end user to manage every sales activity under the business portfolio. Odoo ERP for sales,
effectively track the sales, optimize the sales opportunities, automate every sales process, improve sales
efficiency and helps in attaining the business profitability. One can manage the complete sales order
process from lead to customer order in Odoo Sales Management software tool.
• At times, there can be a situation of selling a unique set of products in a shop. But each time adding this
product to the quotation demands ample amount of time of the executor. To eradicate this problem,
Odoo is embedded with an option called Quotation templates, where one can seamlessly create
quotations and send them across the customers.
• Let us see how the application works in Odoo.
Go to Sales > Settings > Quotations & Orders. Tick the checkbox for Quotation templates.
• Further, Go to Sales > Configuration > Quotation Templates
• Create a new quotation template.
• Below is the quotation template form, where you can make the necessary amendments.
> Template name
> Expiration Days
>> Add the default products for the template
> Suggested Products etc
• Expiration Days
Under the option, the end user can give the number of days pertaining to the quotation validity date computation.
• Suggested Products
Under the option, an end user can add suggested products in the template, that it will be automatically added to
> Online Signature
> Online Payment
Odoo enables the option to choose, how an individual prefers to confirm a sales order so as to launch the delive
process. One can either request for a digital signature or an upfront payment in Odoo. With the option of t
digital signature, the end user can request for a payment while issuing the invoice.
This email will be sent on Confirmation. Leave empty to send anything.
• Now we can check how this works. Go to Sales > Orders
• When we select the Quotation template the order lines and suggested products will be automatically updated
The end user can add more products or can send this across the customers.
• Under the option of, Other information one can see the Confirmation mode of what we have selected in th
Template and can send the quotation across customers.
• If the end user selects the option of confirming sales through digital signature, he/she will receive an email which
contains a link to sign the Quotation in online.
When the customer opens the link in their inbox, they will be featured with an email like the below
• So upon getting the email, when the customer clicks on Accept and Sign Online button. Later, he/ she will be
redirected to the website from, where the customer will be provided with an option of signing and accepting
• The Salesperson or any person related to sales can see the full activity pertaining to sales from the order itself.
• In nutshell, it is no doubt that Odoo simplifies the action of putting your
quotation in the simplest and professional format.
Refer this link for more:
Thank You !
Cybrosys Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
Neospace, Kinfra Techno Park,
Calicut University P.O.
Kerala, India - 673635.
15, ST Antonys Road,
Forest Gate, London
Cybrosys Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
1st Floor, Thapasya Building,