Price lists are very useful in situations where we need to set a specific price for a set of customers for some particular products or complete products. We can define pricelist rules for customers and when that customer satisfies the condition specified in the rules, then that pricelist will be applied. We can use price lists to provide discounts to our customers whenever he purchases a minimum quantity of products. Or we can use it to provide seasonal discounts by setting the starting date and ending date to a pricelist rule.
• Price lists are very useful in situations where we need to set a specific price for a set of
customers for some particular products or complete products
• We can define pricelist rules for customers and when that customer satisfies the
condition specified in the rules, then that pricelist will be applied
• customers whenever he purchases a minimum quantity of products
• Or we can use it to provide seasonal discounts by setting the starting date and ending date
to a pricelist rule.
• The advantage of this module is that it is completely depends on the point of sale module.
• We don’t need to install the sales module for its working
The configuration is as follows:
• After installing the ‘Price Lists in Point of Sale’ module, we can see a new menu
‘Pricelists’ item under the point of sale configurations menu.
• We can use this menu to create our price lists and price list items.
• Clicking on ‘create’ will open a new form, which we can use to create a pricelist.
• We should provide a name for our pricelist.
• Below the name, we can add our price list items.
• The items specify the new price for the products based on some conditions we are
• Click on the ‘Add an item’ to create our price list items.
• A new form will appear for this.
• There are some options available, which allows us to create the rules based on our
• We need to provide a name for each rules we are creating
• The ‘Applied On’ field defines the applicability of this rule, i.e, where this rule will
• If we select ‘Global’ option, then this rule will be globally applicable, i.e, it will be
applied to all the products.
• If we select the ‘Product Category’ option, a new field will appear, which we can use
to select the category to which we need to apply this rule.
• Note that, if we select this option, then this rule will be applied for this category of
• The category field will show the point of sale category of the product, not the
• The last option is ‘Product’. If we select this option, then we can create a rule that will
be applied on a particular product
• After we have selected this option, a new field will appear to select the product to
which we need to apply pricelist
• The ‘Minimum Quantity’ is the quantity at which this rule will be applied
• If the ordered quantity is less than the minimum quantity, then this rule won’t be
• For this rule to be applied, the quantity should be equal to or greater than the
• The two fields, ‘Date start’ and ‘Date End’ are optional
• These will be useful in cases where we need to provide discounts, only for a
particular period of time
• If we select a starting date and ending date, then this rule will be applied only
if the customer is purchasing product within this time
• In the price computation section, we can specify the type of this rule
• There are two types available, Fixed and Percentage
• The fixed type option allows us to provide a new fixed price
• If this option is selected, then when we apply this rule, this value will be taken as
the new price for the product (after validating the other conditions)
• The percentage type allows us to set the new price based on the original price of
• For example, if we set the value as 50%, the after applying this rule, the new price
will be 50 % of the original price.
• After creating and configuring the price lists and price list items, we can go to the
customer’s form, which we need to apply price list and select the pricelist.
• After selecting the pricelist for customer, we can go to the point of sale.
• After selecting the customer, his pricelist will be automatically selected if there are
• We can select another price list for the selected customer from here if we want.
After selecting the customer, the price list field will be automatically filled with the
customer’s price list.
• We can apply price list only after selecting a customer
• If we try to apply price list without selecting a customer, we will be notified by a
Refer this link for more:
Thank You !
Cybrosys Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
Neospace, Kinfra Techno Park,
Calicut University P.O.
Kerala, India - 673635.
15, ST Antonys Road,
Forest Gate, London
Cybrosys Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
1st Floor, Thapasya Building,