Nowadays selling products online is growing day by day and becoming more popular than before.
For that Odoo has introduced an interesting application called E Commerce to boost your business.
This allows you to sell your products through beautiful online shop pages and also can make a purchase within few clicks.
Now we can begin with Odoo E-commerce Application.
• Nowadays selling products online is growing day by day and becoming more
popular than before.
• For that Odoo has introduced an interesting application called E Commerce
to boost your business.
• This allows you to sell your products through beautiful online shop pages
and also can make a purchase within few clicks.
• Now we can begin with Odoo E-commerce Application.
Start Your Online Shop
First of all, install Odoo E Commerce from the Apps List.
• And click on Website Button and you will be redirected to Odoo website.
• When we go to the website the interface will be like below.
Publish your products
• Create product from website
• In order to create products from the website click on the new button at the right corner of
the page and select New Product and add the name of the product.
• Here we are going to add a product from the backend, also we are going to publish our product in a
• In order to publish your products in website go to the product page by clicking on the Website, You get a
Dropdown list of modules.
• Click on sales menu and from sales go to the product and select a product you want to
• Here we are going to create a new product Named Apple MacBook Air.
• Click on Unpublished, by clicking on this you can publish your product on the website and
also in order to get Details of the product you can add the Different notes under the notes
• This notes will be displayed on the website page of the product.
• You can also set Different variants of a product.
• Selling online requires a simple and intuitive way for shoppers to find the product they
• Odoo gives you the opportunity to easily set attributes on products (size, color, power,
• Those attributes allow you to search for them in order to easily find a product and
manage and sell variants
Go to Sales Settings:
Under products-->Product Variants -->Check (Products can have several attributes,
defining variants (Example: size, color.))
Set Different Price for each variant and set picture if you want
And after that go to website page and we can see the newly created product there
Check out in a couple of Clicks
? Add products to your cart.
? Review the order and process Checkout
? Fill the Delivery Address.
? Confirm The order
? A related Quotation automatically created. You can now validate the order as
soon as you get paid and launch the invoicing.
You can also set different Payment methods
Go to Accounting -> Configuration -> Payments -> Payment Acquires
• Install any payment methods you wish.
• Publish these payment methods.
• Whenever we purchase a product these payment methods will be available on the
website and you can select as your needs.
Boost your Online Sales
• To show products in category wise in the website we need to set a category for
• We can set different Categories for products by going to the product form and
under Sales tab we can set the category.
• Then go to the website and click on Customize we can see different options
• Enable Product Categories options and you can see the products in category wise
• Now we can see different options under the Customize button.
• Enable Add to cart option .when we enable this there will be direct add to cart option
after the product price.
• Now enable Product Description in order to get the description that we entered in the
Notes Tab under the products in order to show full details of the product.
• Now the website page will be like below.
• In order to push your product to start of the page or anywhere in the website, a page can be
made very easily.
• Enable the Edit option
• Click on any product and you can see an option Customize and there will be different
options to change the size of the image and also to promote the product to anywhere in the
page and also to Add a sale ribbon to inform visitors about a time-limited promotion.
• Alternative Products and Accessory Products
• An alternative product which appears at the bottom of the website product page.
• Displaying these more expensive items aims to capture the shopper’s attention in
order to induce him to spend more than expected.
• Optional products: suggested at the moment the shopper adds a product to the cart.
Now go to the website and select the product and we can see the alternative products that
we give in the bottom of the page and when you add this product to cart you can see the
suggested products there.
These are the basic functionalities comes under Odoo E Commerce.
Refer this link for more:
Thank You !
Cybrosys Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
Neospace, Kinfra Techno Park,
Calicut University P.O.
Kerala, India - 673635.
15, ST Antonys Road,
Forest Gate, London
Cybrosys Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
1st Floor, Thapasya Building,