Odoo 12 just got released in past week during the Odoo experience 2018. This blog helps you to dive in and understand the process of creating a sale order from the project and further see the project overview from the created sale order in Odoo 12.
How to Create Sales Order from
Project in Odoo 12
• Odoo 12 just got released in past week during the Odoo experience 2018. This blog helps you to dive in and
understand the process of creating a sale order from the project and further see the project overview from
the created sale order in Odoo 12.
▪ Projects > Configuration > Projects.
Suppose let us create a new project named Odoo Implementation,
• After creating the project, the end user can see a new button Create Sales Order in the header of the
Project. Using this button you can create sale order for the project and later invoice the customer,
based on the timesheets entered for the tasks.
• So upon clicking the create sales order button in the project you will get a pop up/wizard asking the
details such as customer name, service and the unit price. The service will be the product of type service
and has to get added in the order line of the sale order. The unit price will be the price that we already
set in the product master. This price will be used while we are invoicing this project/sale order/task.
● After entering the details such as Customer, Service, Unit price, click the Create Sales Order button in the
Now the Sale order will get created.
locust -f seller_taskset.py Seller
● If you check the Project at this point in time, you can see the name of the related sale order in the
• So let us come back to the sale order that we have created now. In the sale order, we can see two smar
buttons at the top. One is for the Tasks and the other one is for the Project Overview.
• If we click on the Tasks button all the project tasks will be shown and if we click the Project overview
button we can get the overview of the Project like invoice details, timesheet details with regard to the
• Now let us look at what we will see after clicking on the Project Overview button,
• This is what we see in the Project Overview,
• Right now the overview seems to contain no data as we don’t have entered any timesheet for the project
or we haven’t done any invoice for the sale order.
• So now let us create a task under our project, let it be server setup and enter a timesheet for that task as
shown in the below image.
• So right now we have created a task under the project and entered a timesheet for it. Now come back to
the sale order and click on the Create invoices, following to the action, an invoice will be generated based
on the timesheet entry we have entered. The unit price will be the one we have mentioned during the
creation of the sale order from the project.
● So this is the invoice that we have generated, you can then validate and do register payment against this
invoice. Coming back to sale order and going to the Project Overview, what we will see now is that,
● From this single view, the end users will get an idea about the project like the timesheet details, task
details, and invoices.
● Clicking upon the smart button in the top, it will navigate to its own view. Then also we will get a report
about the project like the profit details from the views.
Hope this slide was useful to you.
Refer this link for more :
Thank You !
Cybrosys Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
Neospace, Kinfra Techno Park,
Calicut University P.O.
Kerala, India - 673635.
15, ST Antonys Road,
Forest Gate, London
Cybrosys Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
1st Floor, Thapasya Building,