Slide 1: Social Media Business Essentials - Part 1 - Analytics
Slide 2: “War is ninety percent information” - Napoleon Bonaparte
- Hey, did you know there’s a motion presentation of this on YouTube?
- Social Media Business Essentials - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2Zdm3brfxk - Analytics
Slide 3: Cautious Train Media Logo
Slide 4: “If you do not know how to ask the right question, you discover nothing.” W Edward Deming
Slide 5: "Without big data analytics, companies are blind and deaf, wandering out onto the Web like deer on a freeway.” - Geoffrey Moore
Slide 6: No social data analytics? No website traffic analytics? No competition analytics?
Slide 7: Understand the numbers. Explore your business data. Pinpoint opportunities.
Slide 8: Don’t trust the average.
You must look beyond an overview to fully understand why your peaks are where they are...
Slide 9: So you can examine the valleys.
... because a sinking ship will never sail again if the holes aren’t found.
Slide 10: “What gets measured, gets managed.” - Peter Drucker
Slide 11: Analytics Checklist:
1. Decide what you want to know – set information goals and objectives.
2. Get your tracking code installed – if you have one already, start using it.
3. Know your social media data – most major social networks have their own small, but useful, analytics.
Slide 12: Analytics Checklist:
4. Check often and react to the data - a monthly checkup won’t suffice.
5. Don’t just go with averages - statistics can be dangerous if misunderstood.
6. Ask expert advice if you’re unsure - all social media managers should be able to answer your questions..
Slide 13: Cautious Train Media Logo
Slide 14: Cautious Train Media Logo
Connect with this video content on...
[Youtube] - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2Zdm3brfxk
[Facebook] - https://www.facebook.com/cautioustrainmedia/posts/540623999316753
[Vimeo] - https://vimeo.com/66312819