C A R O L I N E | D A V I S
address: 1091 Eastwood Ave. Tallmadge, OH 44278, USA
Securing a position in the chemistry field in academia, where my diligence and ability
to be a part of a team where I will be an asset is my greatest goal.
I believe that working as a post-doctoral researcher is the perfect fit, as it gives me the opportunity to grow
and challenge the experiences of my education, while also assisting others with the knowledge and skills I
have gained in my graduate experience.
2009 – 2015 | University of Akron; Akron, OH, USA
• Doctor of Philosophy in Bio-Organic Chemistry
• Winner of the Buchtel College of Arts and Sciences Student Research Scholarship Award 2013 & 2014
2004 – 2009 | Walsh University; North Canton, OH, USA
• Bachelor of Science in Biology Pre-Pharmacy
• Minor in Chemistry
• Graduated in Good Standing in the Honors Program
• International Club Treasurer
• World Honors Organisation Who’s Who Award Nominee
2004 | Cairo American College; Maadi, Cairo, Egypt
• General Education Diploma from an American ex-patriate school
• Graduated in the top decile
• Received Scholar-Athlete Award - senior year
• Participated in the NIR School of the Heart
Fall 2014 – Spring 2015 | The University of Akron; Akron, OH USA
Instructor - Organic Chemistry Laboratory I and II
• Organised and taught lessons, managed students while conducting lab, and graded/
Fall 2009 – Fall 2014 | The University of Akron; Akron, OH, USA
• Assisted students while conducting a variety of chemistry course labs, including Principles of Chemistry,
Qualitative Analysis, General Organic & Biochemistry, and Organic I and II.
Fall & Spring 2005 – 2015 | Mad Science; North Canton, OH, USA
• Taught weekly science-centred after-school programmes for elementary students in Northeast Ohio
June & Aug. 2007 – 2015 | Mad Science Camp; North Canton, OH, USA
• Instructed week-long science-oriented day camps at various schools/community centres
in Northeast Ohio
May & June 2004 – 2008 | Small World Pre-School; Maadi, Cairo, Egypt
• Assisted students with academic activities
• Supervised students while at recess and in the lunchroom
December 2005 – 2006 | CAC Basketball Camp; Maadi, Cairo, Egypt
Camp Assistant Director
• Managed the camp employees
• Directed campers transitioning from station to station
• Taught specific basketball and team skills to the campers
July & Aug. 2006 – 2007 | Pinky’s Ice Cream; Akron, OH, USA
Ice Cream Vendor
• Prepared and served ice-cream, as well as managed fellow employees
ADDITIONAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCES
• Fluent in Spanish; proficient in Egyptian Arabic
• Versed in chemistry software such as: PyMol, NMRPipe, CCPNMRAnalysis, and Sparky
• Assisted employers with separating donated goods and preparing them for sale at the Salvation Army
in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
• Volunteered at an equestrian rehabilitation centre, assisting disabled and emotionally unstable children as they
rode for therapy at Pegasus Farms in Marlboro, Ohio.
• Aide in the math laboratory at Green High School in Green, Ohio.
Drawing, painting, and reading are my greatest interests. I also enjoy playing sports and working out; as I
played several sports in high school and intramurals in university. These included water polo, basketball and
softball. Music, playing the guitar and drums, and computers are hobbies of mine as well.
References are available upon request.