Policies and Procedures (P&P) SIG
. Access to published material including our newsletter and other
articles, book reviews, case studies, and research, etc.
. Access to online SIG resources, including our SIG Website,
of P&P articles and other resources.
. Access to P&P SIG Sponsored webinars at a reduced rate for our
. Opportunities to join a dialog that is unique to our area of
practice, to publish articles and research and to share your work
experience, to vet your questions and read responses from your peers on
our discussion list.
. Opportunities present on your experiences to your peers at the STC
Annual Conference and access to occasional discounts or stipends.
. Opportunities to volunteer and contribute to the P&P SIG and to
growing body of knowledge.
. Opportunities to develop and grow your leadership and management
skill within the SIG and in Policies and Procedures Communication.
Usability and User eXperience UUX Community
- Take an opportunity to to learn about usability testing practices,
user-centered design techniques, interface design, and other aspects of
user experience design from recognized experts in the field; with
special emphasis on applying the techniques and practices to
- Read the award-winning newsletter and write articles about your user
- Participate in an email group that discusses usability in the
broader sense but with a focus on usability, user experience, and
- Take part in lively and personal UX book club discussions, often on
books written by UUX community members, and often with the author in
- Make use of the resource-rich website.
- Take the opportunity to join international volunteer groups
redesigning the website or learning user-centered design techniques by
doing them for other UUX Community projects.
- Learn about and use the latest in virtual collaboration tools,
including advanced meeting planning for global teams.
Manager, STC Usability and User eXperience Community
coming to you from Princeton, NJ USA
Please add the following for the Single Sourcing SIG:
* Email listserv: http://mailman.stc.org/mailman/listinfo/stc-single-
* Social community: http://stcsinglesourcingsig.grouply.com/
* Twitter presence: http://twitter.com/stc1ssig
International Technical Communication (ITC) SIG/Community:
--Gain access and comradery within a community of experts in
international technical communication, translation, and localization
--Join our members-only email discussion list to tap and contribute to
--Present papers, panels, or progression topics related to
international technical communication at the STC Summit yearly.
--View our online newsletter, Global Talk, at http://itcglobaltalk.org,
which announces conferences, news, events, and articles of interest to
--Become part of the editorial board or contributor set for ITC's
Global Talk. Review a book, write a case study, craft a short article
of interest to our audience.
--Join the leadership of ITC! As a global group, the more perspectives
we have, the stronger we are.
International Technical Communication SIG Manager, Society for
Technical Communication http://itcglobaltalk.org http://stc.org
We’re the SIG with a regional focus – Europe!
Bien sûr internationalisation and localisation are hot topics for us as
well as news and events about European technical communication.
The blog on our Web site covers such topics as legal issues related to
documentation and localization. We’ve active on Twitter with news and
info on technical communication in Europe as well as European-based job
• Web site http://www.stc-europe.org/
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/stceusig
• Member discussion list
Let's discuss European technical communication. Join our team to share
your knowledge and international experience with our members.
Vive l’Europe !
Jennifer O Neill
Manager, Europe SIG
Benefits and activities: Usability and User Experience SIG
• • Participate in an active book club – discuss UX books with other
• • Practice usability techniques in SIG projects
o Example: Website redesign and maintenance
- Surveys and interviews
- Information architecture
- Content strategy
- Usability testing
- Evaluating collaboration tools
o Build your UX skills even if your current paid position isn’t providing that
• • Award-winning newsletter