Digital Marketing to Hispanic Consumers, and Millennials, in Retail
Question # 1
• What makes marketing to U.S. Hispanics
different than general market consumers?
The Hispanic Shopper
• 75% of Hispanic families sit down for a meal
together every day
• Hispanics do more grocery shopping than the
average U.S. shopper
• Once in-store, Hispanics spend 20% more
during routine grocery trips
Question # 2
• What challenges have you faced, or are
currently facing, with establishing a U.S.
Hispanic digital marketing strategy
Hispanic Consumers Online
• Hispanics are highly social online, 68.9% of Hispanics use
social networks compared to 66.2 of the total U.S. population
• Brands such as Toyota and AT&T have a social media
presence: Posts in Spanish, creative and messaging that
resonates with U.S. Hispanics
• Connecting with U.S. Hispanics digitally allows your brand to
build a connection through engagement and conversation
thus leading to increased brand awareness, loyalty, and sales
Question # 3
• How can you be more effective in reaching U.S.
Hispanic consumers including Millennials?
Reaching Hispanic Consumers
• The Hispanic population is the fast-growing and youngest
segment of the U.S. population
• Hispanic shoppers seek value, leverage social to provide in-
store savings through offers and coupons
• Use social media to provide recipes and DIY tips to drive in-
store foot traffic and sales
• Connect with Hispanic consumers through their mobile phone:
social media, website, text, app. Hispanics use smartphones
while shopping higher than any other ethnic group.
Question # 4
• Which social media platforms are most effective
for marketing to U.S. Hispanics and why?
Social Media Platforms
• U.S. Hispanic users ranked as the second most
active race on Twitter
• Pew Study: Among internet users, Latinos (68%) say
they use social networking sites Twitter and
• Through Pinterest, brands can connect with
Hispanic Mom’s seeking recipes leading to
incremental in-store traffic