Be the first to like this
Sustainability is systemic. At the core of un-sustainability is a growth-oriented economic system whose continued expansion has become a net detriment to natural, social, and human capital. In this context, how can architecture, as a profession and an artifact, respond? This presentation considers 5 propositions:
1. Architecture & radical efficiency
2. Architecture & democratic infrastructure
3. Architecture & sustainable materials
4. Architecture & regenerative metabolisms
5. Architecture & social capital
A talk at Miami University, November 2018.