Leverage Marketing Automation to
Attract, Sell & Wow Customers
Carl Bischoff - BusinessFluid.com
● Why Marketing Automation?
● Top 3 Reasons SMB’s fail
● What is LifeCycle Marketing
● Lead Scoring
● Segmentation & Tagging
● Top 7 Automation Campaigns to run
● Infusionsoft a Look Inside
B1G1 - giving back
for every person who attends today
we will be providing 7 days education to a child in Cambodia
TOP 3 REASONS SMALL BUSINESS
OWNERS FAIL AT MARKETING
1. Not Setting Clear Goals
○ define point ‘A’ where are you now? → Point ‘B’ where are you going e.g.
in 90 days
2. Information Overload
3. No Frameworks
Perhaps a 10 day Holiday to Noumea New
● where will I find the time?
● I don’t know anything about automation
● I am not technical
● costs to much money
● information overload
● which tools do I use?
IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET MARKET
As an entrepreneur, you have big dreams. You want the entire world to know your products
and services are available to everyone.
It’s important to narrowly define your target customer and meet them where they are.
ATTRACT MORE CUSTOMERS TO YOUR
Once you know who your target customers are, you’ll need to find out where they are most
likely to come in contact with your brand, and be receptive to your messaging.
COLLECT VISITORS’ INFORMATION TO
As you begin attracting more customers to your business, you’ll want to make sure they don’t
leave and forget about you.
● 7 seconds to engage
● 90% will never return
MAKE THE OFFER
In order to make the right offer at the right time, it’s important to understand your target
customer’s buying process—the journey a customer goes through before they decide to buy
(or not buy) from you.
“Everyone can rise above their circumstances and achieve success
if they are dedicated to and passionate about what they do.”
CLOSE MORE SALES
Closing the sale involves more than just an exchange of money or signed documents.
It’s a relationship
CREATE A CULTURE OF WOW
deliver more than you promised, send them a gift
GROW THE VALUE OF EACH CUSTOMER
● offer more stuff, what else do they need?
● use a survey to find out
○ ASK Formula by Ryan Levesque
GROW SALES WITH REFERRALS
● ask and automate that
● make it easy by providing the copy & content
To get the LifeCycle Marketing Planner go here:
is the sum
of small efforts,
day in & day out
● who’s hot, taking action and showing via behaviour ie
viewing content, clicking links etc that they are
interested and ready to buy?
Eloqua found that, on average;
● deal close rates increased by 30 percent;
● company revenue increased by 18 percent;
● and revenue per deal increased by 17 percent.
Some general notes:
● make sure you add a description for what a tag is being used for
● all tags should have a category
● only create tags you need
● don’t leave a process tag on a contact record, clean up tags
● plan out campaigns/sequences before you build
● tags should be meaningful when you read them
● it’s okay for a user to have multiple tags
Segmentation Tags and Categories
Trigger = Start, stop, loop
Status = Where? a user is in a process
Activity = What? clicked a link, filled in form
Profile = Who? Demographics, psychographics, interests
● These tags are used to trigger actions, they are temporary and must be removed after being
● remove after the trigger action has been completed.
○ Campaign – Sequence – Trigger
○ i.e. Trigger - Free Report – Conversion Sequence -Start
● These tags are used to denote the status of a contact or where a contact is in a process
○ Usually only one status tag is used at a time per campaign or process
○ Status tags by definition are temporary.
○ Campaign - Status, Process - Status, Contact Group - Department - Status
○ i.e. Sales Pipeline - Stage - Contacting
○ i.e. Product A Launch - In Promo Sequence
○ i.e. VIP Clients - Finance - Decline (0-10 Days)
○ i.e. VIP Clients - Finance - Decline (11-30 Days)
○ i.e. VIP Membership - Inactive
○ i.e. VIP Membership - Access
○ Used to document what the person has done or actions the person has taken
○ Activity tags are permanent. Activity tags can be consolidated and “archived” after a
period of time.
○ Campaign - Specifics - Action
○ Product - Action
○ i.e. Weekly Webinar – Sales & Marketing – 14 Jan 2016 – Registered
○ i.e. Weekly Webinar – Sales & Marketing – 14 Jan 2016 – Attended
○ i.e. NLM Membership – Purchased
○ i.e. NLM Membership – Cancelled
○ i.e. Lead Magnets -- 7 Automation Tips Checklist – Downloaded
○ Used to document demographics & psychographics of the
○ Profile tags are permanent. Profile tags define who a contact is
regardless of activity.
○ Profile – Category – Detail
○ i.e. Profile – Age – 18-24 yrs old
Segmentation Tags and Categories
● Free Items
● Networks / Met
● Interest /
● from Partner
● Social Media
● short-term lead nurture
● long-term lead nurture
● lead scoring
● cart / form abandonment
● ask for testimonial / referral
Top 7 Campaigns / Sequences
Great automation is a result of highly
targeted, personalized, valuable, timely,
and remarkable content that is sent to a
healthy and engaged database
Automating is to your time
what compounding interest is to your money
Interested to see how I can help you?
Book a discovery call
To get in touch email here: