Graduate Employer Relations Assistant
Career Development Center
Getting to know you…
What are you studying?
What made you choose to come to this workshop?
What, if anything, are you struggling with on the platform?
• What LinkedIn is and why it is valuable
• How to set up a great profile
o Profile Heading and Picture
• How to customize your LinkedIn URL
• 1st, 2nd, 3rd connections
• How to:
o Connect with professionals
o Join Groups
o Follow Companies
• Search for alumni on the alumni portal
What are you still unsure about?
At the end of this workshop
you will know…
• Advanced ways to search for connections
• How to maintain relationships with connections
• Ask for introductions
• How to get your profile noticed
• Add visuals to your profile- improving your brand
• Follow influencers in your field
• Share articles, job and post updates
Advanced People Search
• Advanced search box
o Example: Find someone that works at a company you would like to work at
• Ask for an introduction
o Let me show you how!
• Go directly into a group to search
o Add a keyword or browse the first 100 profiles
• LinkedIn Contacts App
o How you met
What 3 things do you want your profile to say about you?