Attorney at Law
1652 Euclid Ave. #1 firstname.lastname@example.org
Berkeley, Ca. 94709 Tel. (510)-845-2572
California and Iowa
• Established and implemented program policies and procedures for court-wide and legal service programs
• Directed day-to-day program functions
• Administered ADR, fee arbitration and small claims programs
• Supervised staff and resolved personnel issues
• Managed budgets and grant/contract compliance
• Drafted grants and administered collaborative grant programs
• Supervised JusticeCorps and law student internship programs
• Staffed task forces and committees, liaised with collaborative partners, community agencies and other workplace
divisions, including judiciary
• Performed legal research, drafted and edited legal pleadings, web content, instructional and informational
documents on legal topics including landlord-tenant, family law, small claims, probate
• Represented proposed conservatees and guardians and managed guardianship legal aid program
• Conducted workshops in family law, guardianships, and small claims, trained volunteers
• Directed community outreach projects, presented seminars to professional and community organizations
• Managed general practice focused on family law, personal injury, landlord-tenant, real estate, and probate matters
• Served as counsel with the Law Center for Families and of counsel to Redwood Records
• Acted as interim reference attorney with the Bernard E. Witkin Law Library
• Adjunct Professor for Civil Procedure, Remedies & Equity, Family Law, Community Property, and Law Practice
• Guest speaker and presenter at state-wide professional conferences and community organizations
• As author, developed, drafted and edited text and computerized practice guides in family law, torts and wills &
trusts, wrote articles for legal newsletters
• Research associate for international law textbook and legal journals
• Responsible for conduct of board meetings, committee oversight, community outreach
• Liaise with Executive Director and staff on confidential and sensitive matters
• Oversight and general direction of strategic and development policies/plans, adherence to by-laws
Board President, Chaparral House, Berkeley (2014 – present; board member since 2005)
Program Manager, Self-Help/Family Law Facilitator Services, Superior Court of California, Alameda County
Oakland, CA (2002 - 2014)
Managing Attorney, Conservator and Guardianship Program, Legal Assistance for Seniors
Oakland, CA (2001 - 2002)
Managing Attorney, ADR, Fee Arbitration and Small Claims Advice Programs, Alameda County Bar Association,
Oakland, CA (1993 - 1999)
Sole Practitioner, San Francisco and Berkeley, CA (1982 - 92; 1999 - 2001)
Law Professor, Armstrong University, Berkeley, CA (1986 - 1988)
Legal Author, Matthew Bender & Co., Inc. San Francisco, CA (1981 - 1982)
UNIVERSITY of IOWA COLLEGE OF LAW: Juris Doctorate
Iowa City, IA
DREW UNIVERSITY: B.A., Hons. in History
CERTIFICATES - AWARDS - PRESENTATIONS
Public Speaking: Presentations to statewide professional conferences, various community and professional organizations;
television interviews; producer and host for weekly public affairs radio program.
Mediation Training: Straus Mediation Institute, Pepperdine Univ.; The John Paul Jones Group; NCMA, State and local bars.
Bulletins/Newsletters: Contributing author and editor for professional magazines, journals, organizational newsletters.
FCC License: Licensed radio broadcaster (lifetime license).
Wiley Manual Award: State Bar award for pro bono service to the community (eight consecutive years).
American Society of International Law: Chief research associate for text, “International Law and World Order – A Problem-
Oriented Coursebook”, which received the Society’s award for Technical Merit.
Skills: Modest Spanish; proficient with Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Docs, Lexis/Nexis, Westlaw,
DissoMaster, Essential Forms, Domain, Success Factors (performance evaluation program)
COMMUNITY SERVICE and ORGANIZATIONAL AFFILIATIONS
(in alphabetical order – associations over several years or ongoing)
Alameda County Bar Assn., Oakland, CA: Pro bono counsel and clinic attorney with Volunteer Legal Services Corp.; court liaison to
Community Project Committee (consortium of legal services providers).
Alameda County Family Law Assn., Oakland, CA: Member and court liaison to association.
Attorneys for Children, Berkeley, CA: Organized holiday toy drives for homeless/needy children.
California Family Law Facilitator Assn.: Board and regular member; revised by-laws.
Chaparral House, Berkeley, CA: Board member and officer; revised by-laws; developed strategic and master work plan
East Bay Sanctuary Covenant, Berkeley, CA: Board member and officer; international refugee repatriation monitor;
producer for benefit concerts (raised over $100,000).
English in Action, Berkeley, CA: English language mentor for visiting scholars at UC Berkeley School of Law (Boalt).
KALX Radio, Berkeley, CA: Broadcaster; producer, host for weekly public affairs program, “One Earth”.
Queen’s Bench, San Francisco, CA: Board member; developed annual survey of women in San Francisco law firms;
organized and emceed annual professional dinner.
Wesley Foundation, Berkeley, CA: Board member, pro bono counsel; developed personnel policy and guidelines.
Women Lawyers of Alameda County, Oakland, CA: Board and regular member; revised by-laws; organized annual