• Three different groups, will be presented
with a different innovation methodology.
• Teams will have half and hour to work
through their exercise.
• Judges will evaluate the results based on:
• “What could we do if everything was
• “How can we do it?”
• “What can go wrong?”
‘A Day In The Life’
• Pick 1-2 members of the group and ask
them to recount a typical work day —
meetings, travel, tasks, etc.
• Create a timeline for these tasks. Discuss
areas where technology could optimize or
assist in the process
• Do the same exercise by thinking through
the day of a non-IT colleague in one of the
member’s firms (ie, CEO, CMO, VP Sales)
• Create a sketch of the head of a common
role in your firm that IT supports (finance,
sales, marketing, operations, legal, HR).
• Divide the poster into sections that outline
what the character sees, hears, thinks and
feels about a challenge or priority facing
• Explore technology ideas to help not only
the outcome but the user’s experience.
‘Remember the Future’
• Think three years out: What will be the
biggest challenges/needs of business
workers and how will IT departments have
helped? What will you as CIOs have done?
• Write down in point form the technologies,
processes and key business outcomes that
will have been involved
• Outline at least three practical steps to
realize this future today.