• Is it appropriate to have a presence?
• Are we just looking for SEO?
• Do we prefer not to be exposed?
• What is viewed as success?
• Are we serious enough to commit
• Where do we plan on taking the brand in
Gather the stakeholders and
establish the voice
• Establish the message
• Understand what we can and can’t say
• How will we moderate?
• Who will update?
• Establish objectives
• Who’s voice?
• Where will we source content?
• What does the brand represent?
• Define a roadmap and connect efforts
• Establish ground rules
• Select appropriate tools
• Understand your place in the ecosystem
• Offer customers value for attention
• Be medium specific
• Be transparent
• Invade conversations
• Expect attention
• Do it for doing it’s sake
• Pretend to be someone your not
• Disrespect the medium
“Work out how we can engage interested relevant
consumers and turn them into brand
“Find out who holds influence and leverage that.”
“Connect customers at effective points of their
daily engagement cycle”
“Create great content and referrals for when
people research the product.”
• Having a static facebook page is like
having an old, unkempt shop, it doesn’t
• Content should be updated as often as
• Queries should be answered
• The brand should participate
• Keep it fresh or don’t do it at all
• Rapid response medium
Examples of Brands
Succeeding in this space
• Nestle Chunga