CSSN is pleased to announce another upcoming professional development opportunity!
This informative one-day conference on Friday, November 25th, 2011 will examine current and emerging legal issues and balancing learning outcomes with today’s reality.
Social Media and The Law
Presented by: Eric Roher, Borden Ladner Gervais LLP
Social media has become the centrepiece of student social life. Parents, educators and advocates have grown increasingly concerned about the role of cell phones, text messages, blogs, wikis, websites and social networks in the lives of young adults.
This session will address:
• What is the role and responsibility of Ontario schools and school leaders in responding to off-school conduct?
• What policies and procedures should be put in place?
• In an incident involving social media, at what stage should the school get involved?
• When and how should school administrators undertake an investigation?
• What steps can be taken to teach students and school staff how to manage their electronic reputations?