Group work on challenges – DS CRP - Learning oriented M&E system -
Group work on challenges – DS CRP
- Learning oriented M&E system -
From the cards
How to developlearningorientedM&Esystemtoenhance performancesof the CRP
Assessmentof the change
Lack of Quantificationof success/genericresearch
Quantitative andfocusedresultsare needed
More infoonbenefits/beneficiariesof new technologies
From the flip chart
1. What are the underlying issues in this cluster and your
1. Why dowe needM&E? To achieve outputs,outcomesandimpactthroughtargeting. Toreflect
2. The M&E shouldhave clearobjectivesandaprimaryrole inany interventionundertakenbythe
3. To achieve the overall goal (it isrequiredbythe CO)
9. Learning.Definitionof L-OM&E. What itis itsrole and components?
10. What isM&E? Are twodistinctprocesses:a) monitoringandb) evaluation.Bothcanbe done
fromthe Donorside andfrom the projectsite.The evaluationcanbe internal andexternal.
11. Adequate combinationof qualitativeandquantitative data
12. Supportto Genderanalysisalongthe program
Priorities from the Group
I. Limitedknowledgeonhowlearningprocessinembeddedinthe M&E
II. We don’tknowhowto establishafriendlyreportingstructure
III. We learnmore fromevaluationsince the wayourprojectisstructureddoesnothelptolearn
2. What do we really want to achieve with a learning
oriented M&E system in this CRP?
I. Learning& Improvement
II. Consolidate lessonslearnt(bestpracticesandfailures)
III. Adjustdeviations timely (Identifyconstrainsandhow toadapt the program).
IV. Better(logical) planningtoachieve impact
3. How to develop an effective and efficient learning
oriented M&E system at regional level and programme
I. EstablishanM&E knowledge managementtime.Itshouldbe allocatedforeachFP.Thisimplies
II. The systemshouldhave itsthree componenthardware,software andorgware.
III. M&E shoulddevelopaqualitativemonitoringtobe independent
IV. It shouldbe a simple systemtobe used
V. It shouldbe developedonthe basisof bilateral projectsreporting
VI. it needstobe compatible withotherdonor/CRPreporting; the CRPs/Centersneedtopushthe
consortiumtodo somethingaboutitsince we cannothave differentandconstant reporting.
VII. It shouldcapture qualityinfothroughinformal communications (face toface,phone,skype…)
VIII. Specifictailoredtrainingsshouldbe providedatdifferentlevel of CRPDSdoers/practitioners
4. What needs to change in the CRP to enable learning and
adaptation in a rigorous manner?
I. More structure personal contacts
II. Change inmindsetof CRP DS
III. Willingnesstoshare knowledge,informationanddata
V. Focal pointcoordinatorshouldhave control overthe funds/budgets
VI. M&E teamsacross CRPs