Successfully reported this slideshow.
We use your LinkedIn profile and activity data to personalize ads and to show you more relevant ads. You can change your ad preferences anytime.
Douglas Carl Engelbart
(One of)
The World’s Most
Misunderstood Man
DOUGLAS CARL ENGELBART
Hypertext
Mouse
Multimedia
Windowing
Chorded
Keyset
“Word Processing”
Idea #1
Human Systems – Tools Systems CoEvolution
 As our tools improve, we ought
evolve our HUMAN SYSTEMS to
leverage
 ...
Idea #1
Human Augmentation!!
 Our Capability Infrastructure AUGMENTS
our natural capabilities
 But: Our Human Systems ha...
Question #1
 In 1950 (when he was 25) Doug created a vision for himself
that drove decades of research, culminating in hi...
Call to Action
 Have Lunch or Breakfast or beverage with me
Contact me at S@mHahn.com or 857-209-4246
to Learn more about...
Recap…
What’s the Idea ?
What’s the Question ?
What’s the Call to Action ?
Douglas Carl
Engelbart
MODERN DAY LEONARDO
ONE OF THE WORLD’S MOST MISUNDERSTOOD MEN
3.6 TO 96.4
Douglas Carl Engelbart - for NextNow - 2015 March 14, San Francisco
Douglas Carl Engelbart - for NextNow - 2015 March 14, San Francisco
Douglas Carl Engelbart - for NextNow - 2015 March 14, San Francisco
Douglas Carl Engelbart - for NextNow - 2015 March 14, San Francisco
Upcoming SlideShare
Loading in …5
×
Upcoming SlideShare
Engelbart Vision - Getting from 3.6% to the other 96.4% - University of Oslo, Norway, 20140410
Next
Download to read offline and view in fullscreen.

1

Share

Download to read offline

Douglas Carl Engelbart - for NextNow - 2015 March 14, San Francisco

Download to read offline

10 minutes on Doug Engelbart, personal view, in 2015 context

Related Books

Free with a 30 day trial from Scribd

See all

Related Audiobooks

Free with a 30 day trial from Scribd

See all

Douglas Carl Engelbart - for NextNow - 2015 March 14, San Francisco

  1. 1. Douglas Carl Engelbart
  2. 2. (One of) The World’s Most Misunderstood Man DOUGLAS CARL ENGELBART
  3. 3. Hypertext Mouse Multimedia Windowing Chorded Keyset “Word Processing”
  4. 4. Idea #1 Human Systems – Tools Systems CoEvolution  As our tools improve, we ought evolve our HUMAN SYSTEMS to leverage  As our human systems improve, we ought guide our tools systems as well  Feedback loops allow learning and capability improvement – capability infrastructure  Do this as much and as frequently as possible – BOOTSTRAPPING!
  5. 5. Idea #1 Human Augmentation!!  Our Capability Infrastructure AUGMENTS our natural capabilities  But: Our Human Systems have NOT KEPT UP with our tool systems!!  Challenge: Systems for ETHICAL human interaction – Really LIVE Augmentation!!
  6. 6. Question #1  In 1950 (when he was 25) Doug created a vision for himself that drove decades of research, culminating in his 1968 demo.  This work inspired even more decades of entrepreneurship & innovation in Silicon Valley and beyond, creating a rich context seeded by his MOAD  What could we envision for 2018 (MOAD+50) that would propel even more decades of entrepreneurship & innovation? Numbers Words What next? 1968 2018
  7. 7. Call to Action  Have Lunch or Breakfast or beverage with me Contact me at S@mHahn.com or 857-209-4246 to Learn more about Doug, or the COI / KF / PFTF / WELT / ESD / GEF / CCC / ISSS / Amigos / Systemic Innovation / Collaborology I want to learn your words and your mental models for these ideas, and hopefully align together OR (/and)  Create a trio with 2 very close trusted friends  Intend to do good (you define good for yourself)  Be transparent with each other  Be explicit about who you are, what you want, how you live, what you want to create, what you value, what you fear, how you engage others…  Be accountable to yourself, and to your Peers – Hold “peerspectives” regularly  Embrace the practices of the COI
  8. 8. Recap… What’s the Idea ? What’s the Question ? What’s the Call to Action ?
  9. 9. Douglas Carl Engelbart MODERN DAY LEONARDO ONE OF THE WORLD’S MOST MISUNDERSTOOD MEN 3.6 TO 96.4
  • SamHahn

    Apr. 3, 2017

10 minutes on Doug Engelbart, personal view, in 2015 context

Views

Total views

290

On Slideshare

0

From embeds

0

Number of embeds

6

Actions

Downloads

4

Shares

0

Comments

0

Likes

1

×