Be the first to like this
Request by Gilpin and Grand Counties to open road based on language included in Public Law 107-216 – the James Peak Wilderness and Protection Area Act.
• Boulder County Commissioners have expressed concerns about opening the Rollins Pass Road
• The difficulty and expense in making the road and tunnel safe
• Liability for injury resulting in use of the road and/or tunnel
• Protection of the fragile high alpine ecosystem in the area
• The purpose of today’s hearing is to gather public input on this request