Don't miss this step-by step tutorial, which describes how you can migrate from Drupal to WordPress with no pain. Find more details here: http://www.cms2cms.com/supported-cms/drupal-to-wordpress-migration/
What is the formula of the perfect CMS platform? That is easy to devise!
Flexible and rich tech side + ease of use =your true CMS. This mixture
will be a heady brew for your website successful management.
Drawing near the root of this post, let’s look through Drupal and
WordPress CMS platforms that become a bone of discord for website
owners as the most powerful and popular website builders. It’s like a cold
war where the top CMS software position is the main victory.
You should know that Drupal is the developerfriendly CMS platform, thus
the practice shows only tech savvy users are able to turn it to good
account. Usually, when you run your web project on Drupal, you pay more
attention to the technical side of management. You should be more
dedicated to writing the proper code rather than to being concentrated on
the process of creation itself.
Considering WordPress CMS software, it is distinguished as the
useroriented CMS platform that allows its users to be plunged in the
content creation process. You don’t have to fumble with the codes and
scripts, its functionality is more plain and catchable.
Passing on to the migration process itself, we would like to present you the
tutorial on how to migrate from Drupal to WordPress – with no coding and
need to be a programmer. So, let’s start.
StepbyStep Guide to Drupal to
1. The first step you have to do is create your new WordPress site. Also,
it’s recommended to install all the necessary plugins and theme to
proceed with the further export from Drupal to WordPress. Then, visit
www.cms2cms.com and create your account – provide your name, email,
2. After that, specify the URLs of your Drupal and WordPress website in
the provided fields and select your CMS platforms types – Drupal and
However, in case you don’t have your new WordPress installed, you still
have the option to try the migration with the automated service. All you
need to do is check the corresponding field in your migration wizard and
then, you will be able to migrate a part of your data to the test site.
3. Now, you should download the connection bridge file to your PC, that is
needed for data exchange between your websites. It will be saved as
● Extract ‘cms2cms’ folder from the zip file to your computer.
● The further actions will be done via FTP. You may choose any type
of FTP client software whether it is WinSCP, FileFTP, FileZilla,
● Within your FTP dashboard,copy ‘cms2cms’ folder that you have
extracted from the zip file and paste it to the root directory (top folder
with the index ‘.php’) of your current website and new WordPress
Now, your CMS platforms are connected, so you may proceed with the
further actions of Drupal to WordPress migration.
4. The connection bridge is already installed, so the next step will be to
verify the connection between your sites by pressing the corresponding
6. Now, you may choose the additional options to make your migration
even more complete and advanced.
● migration of media files – all your post pictures will be migrated
from Drupal to WordPress.
● migration of internal links – all the internal links will be formed
according to the SEO URLs structure of your WordPress site.
● clear tested data on WordPress site – if you have some tested
data on your new WordPress and you want to erase them, just check
7. After that you may try free Demo Migration of 10 pages with all the
You will be able to see the service in action and check how your new
WordPress will be look like and complete your website conversion by
pressing “Start Full Migration”.
That is all! To migrate from Drupal to WordPress you will spend from a
few minutes to several hours in accordance to the amount of your website
What You Can Migrate from Drupal to
WordPress with CMS2CMS
So, don’t put your Drupal to WordPress migration on the long finger, set
up your free Demo migration and you’ll be in one step to enjoy your new