Information as value driver leads to new
business models in (traditional) industry
Enabled by new, converging technologies
• the Internet of Things,
• next generation adaptive robots,
• 3D printing,
• further integration of embedded systems,
• smart grid technologies,
• man-machine interfaces,
• Cyber Physical Systems,
• advanced sensors,
• big data and cloud computing,
• zero defect manufacturing.
World wide investments in new industry
If Dutch industry wants to keep its competitive advantage
an initiative is needed
Smart Industry Action-agenda
1. New Business with Smart Industry: boost on available
knowledge and current best practises.
2. New Knowledge with impact for Smart Industry: boost on
new (integrated) knowledge development and R&D
3. New Skills for Smart Industry: skilling up and educating
current and future employees.
4. Supporting Policies for Smart Industry: make it happen.