Capacity Building for Low Carbon Growth in Ukraine
Workshop of the International Climate Initiative
„Building Blocks of a Global Mitigation
Vasyl Tolkachov (Ukraine)
June 08, 2013 Bonn, Germany
The project goal is development the concept of a long-term strategy of
low carbon growth of Ukraine that can be used by the Government of
The project will:
Develop new generation GHG models and comprehensive
projections of GHG emissions;
Prepare the concept of Ukraine's low carbon growth strategy by
2020 and 2050;
Prepare enabling environment for the introduction of a domestic
emissions trading scheme in Ukraine;
Strengthen institutional capacity to implement climate change
policies in Ukraine.
Duration of the project : 2 years
Budget – 3,410,641 USD (2,500,000 euro)
Donor – Government of Germany
National executive agency – State Environmental
Investment Agency of Ukraine
1. Draft law on emission trading system.
2. Analysis of historic national GHG emission
3. Identification of policies and measures for low
carbon growth that can be implemented in
4. Analysis of GHG emissions forecasting.
1. Regular meetings with subcontractors
(including bi-weekly reporting).
2. Involvement of all interested stakeholders.
3. Coordination with other donor projects.
1. Regular meetings with other donors and
2. 4 workshops in 2013 on various topics of
3. Sharing the results achieved so far between
implementing partners, subcontractors and