* It revolves around the client.
* Client leads the conversation.
* Counsellor is most passive.
* Open ended questions are asked.
* The Entire responsibility is of client.
* Client can act with his own intellect.
* Diagnostic instruments are not used.
( Carl Rogers)
* Defining the problematic situation.
* Free expression of feeling.
* Classification of positive & negative feeling.
* Development of insight .
* Termination of Counselling Situation.
* Development Of Problem Solving Ability.
* Unwanted tests can be avoided
* Leaves its impression for a long time.
* Reduce Tension
* Slow & time consuming process.
* If client is immature it is not suitable .
* Sometimes due to the counsellors passiveness , the
client hesitates in expressing his feeling
* Coordinative methods are used.
* The counsellor is neither active not Passive.
* The need and personality of the client is
studied and then he selects the technique.
* The main techniques are used for the
reassurance , Giving information , Case history
* Both counsellor & client are active and
cooperative in conversation turn wise and solve
* Study the need and personality of the client.
* Selection Of the technique.
* Application of the technique.
* Evaluation of activeness.
* Preparation of Counselling.
* Seeking the opinion of the client and other
* Practical value is high.
* Both Client & Counsellor are active.
* Some people are of view that both the
types can not be mixed together.
* Vague & Opportunistic.
* Question arrives that how much freedom
should be given to the client , No definite rule.