Summer Job is a program designed
by CESAR that aims to encourage
the knowledge exchange with
Educational Institutions, to offer
hands on experience to the
students, to find new talents and to
promote the image of the sponsors
involved in the program.
How it works
Students, during college vacations (six weeks),
get involved in real projects of companies that
sponsors the program, in a learn by doing
approach, with the aim to build up knowledge
by applying theory into practice, with the
supervision of CESAR’s tutors in design,
business and technology fields.
The students will have the opportunity to show
their potential and to develop important
professional competencies in order to conquer
a good job position in the market.
This program is focused on
undergraduate students from courses
like Computer Science, Engineering,
Business Administration, Economy,
Design and so on, which are interested
in getting involved in developing
prototypes and proof of concept for
real problems inside an Innovation
The companies that sponsor the CESAR
Summer Job Program can choose the areas of
interest in which the students will work.
As a counterpart for the sponsorship, the
students will develop prototypes and proof of
concept for solutions in the areas chosen by
● Tutoring, methodologies and expertise of
● Immersion in a real design and
development of innovation projects
● The teams will be free to define the best
solution to their assigned challenges;
● Internship Allowance to help with the living
● Certificate of participation of the program
with CESAR's and sponsor's logo.
● Multi-disciplinary teams of 4 students of
different undergraduate courses;
● Problem/opportunity defined by the Sponsor;
● Duration: 06 weeks (vacations in July);
● The program includes Internship Allowance;
● Participation certificate for all the students;
● Sponsor’s logo in the Certificates.
● Definition of Problems/Opportunities with the
● Students applications;
● Selection process;
● Identification of student’s profiles and level of
● Distribution of the Problems/Opportunities
among the groups;
● Activities planning.
2. Operation 1/2
Students will have lessons and receive coaching
sessions throughout the program, in order to level
their knowledge and to learn how to apply theory in
real projects. Besides that, aiming the knowledge
sharing, CESAR presents some important
methodologies such as:
● Design Thinking – understanding and validation of the
problem, ideation and prototyping;
● Agile Methodologies to conduct projects;
● Business Model and Lean Model;
● Methodologies for validating an idea;
● Elevator Pitch.
2. Operation 2/2
During the program, the students will be
● Understand and validate the problem (studies and field
● Find a suitable solution for the problem (considering
deadline, customers, users, complexity and feasibility);
● Prototype and validate the solution.
● The teams will present the
prototypes/solutions that they have been
working in the past six weeks to their tutors,
mentors and the sponsors.
● The final pitch of each team will be released at
the end of the program, when the students will
receive their participation Certificates in the
CESAR Summer Job Program.
A private, not for profit and self
sustainable center that innovates in
products, services and companies
with Information and
Since its foundation in 1996, the
center helps companies throughout
the innovation life cycle - from the
study of contexts, design and
prototyping ideas, to developing
solutions in various sectors.
C E S A R
CLICK HERE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT CESAR.
+55 81 3425-4700